IGNORED

Drop guards

Kybronco

Hi guys ! I just saw a YouTube video with Jerry Paladino advertising drop guards for Harleys . Are there similar products for the venture 1300 midnight star? I haven’t had it long but I already dropped it in the garage and I’m unsteady with the massive weight of the bike. Just don’t want to damage anything if I can avoid it. Thanks!

Don’t know if you guys ever saw his videos but these bolt onto the bend in the crash bars and stop it from laying completely over and doing more damage. But the ones he showed are for Harley. Just wondering if someone makes them for our Yamahas. 

From the video it looks like it might be possible to make those, in a home shop if you have a lathe and/or milling machine.

Yes a machine hop could do it but for a one off set it would be expensive. Be easiest to do on CNC machines but still possible manual machining.

You would have to get the specific dimensions needed to fit your bike.

I'm going to try to remember to take some measurements when I get home this evening. With the possible exception of the lower fairings being in the way, I'd bet these drop guards will fit the Gen 2.

Their website states they will fit some Yamahas, probably the Star line, maybe the Royal Star as well. They do, also state they will not fit the HD lineup that has lower fairings in place.

Edited by luvmy40
typo
  • Like 1