N3FOL

Covid-19 Vaccine Poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. COVID-19 Vaccine

• Yes, only the 1st Dose
    • Yes, including the 2nd Dose
    • Not Yet Vaccinated
    • I don't intend to receive the COVID-19 Vaccine

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 08/31/2021 at 04:00 PM

Eileen and I got our first shot yesterday.  It ended up being the Pfizer version.  We go.back on the 20th to get the second shot.  We got it about 2:00 yesterday and it was virtually pain free.  Very slight pain at the injection site this morning when I woke up but after being up for a while, it's pretty much gone now.  

• Like 2

On 1/22/2021 at 6:29 PM, Leland said:

Anyone who would like additional information should check out Dr. Simone Gold. americanfrontlinedoctors.com

Also check out this article . It appears that she is as capable of spreading false info as those that she accuses of doing the same. But judge for yourself. As for me unless proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, I will stick with the more conventional source's versus the radical ones.  This is not to say I blindly trust one over the other just that too many radical sources have proven IMHO to be more unreliable and are usually more HERD opinion based than fact based, so for the time being and  lack of a better way of putting it, I tend to consider the more conventional sources the lessor of two evils. But like I said only MHO, each has to judge and decide for themselves. Like I said in an earlier post there has always been controversy  around every vaccine  ever created but the fact is that in most cases they have accomplished more good than bad but as always there have been exceptions. If I had a worry at all it would be the speed at which the vaccine has been developed and I hope this does not come back to haunt us.

However having said all that, when my turn comes and unless new info comes up as to why I should not, I will take the shot.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-vaccine-idUSKBN29Q302

Edited by saddlebum

1 hour ago, saddlebum said:

Also check out this article . It appears that she is as capable of spreading false info as those that she accuses of doing the same. But judge for yourself. As for me unless proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, I will stick with the more conventional source's versus the radical ones.  This is not to say I blindly trust one over the other just that too many radical sources have proven IMHO to be more unreliable and are usually more HERD opinion based than fact based, so for the time being and  lack of a better way of putting it, I tend to consider the more conventional sources the lessor of two evils. But like I said only MHO, each has to judge and decide for themselves. Like I said in an earlier post there has always been controversy  around every vaccine  ever created but the fact is that in most cases they have accomplished more good than bad but as always there have been exceptions. If I had a worry at all it would be the speed at which the vaccine has been developed and I hope this does not come back to haunt us.

However having said all that, when my turn comes and unless new info comes up as to why I should not, I will take the shot.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-vaccine-idUSKBN29Q302

You nailed it, unfortunately lately it seems we’re dealing with radicals from multiple directions. I have my political beliefs that I won’t share but even the side I’m on has its radicals. The whole Covid thing has been politicized to the point I don’t know who to believe. As you mentioned the speed of vaccine development bothers me, the lack of knowledge of future side effects scares me as I have daughters that haven’t had their children yet. At 50 I’m still pretty healthy and lived with my wife who is getting over Covid right now without major symptoms without my getting sick. Several of my siblings had it without problems. I’m thinking about rolling the dice and going without the shot, if I was older or had health issues I’d take it in a heartbeat. 

• Like 3

At Age 78, we face a similarly tough decision if/when the Vacine reaches us.

Battling Stage 4 Prostate Cancer since 2006, we're VERY reluctant to insert another disease of any kind into this extremely tired old body. Our wife (77) bless her heart, says she will have it to protect us, BUT what should WE do? 

Not even FamDoc has access yet! She says it 'should not' cause us any more problems... 

...so we wait.

Rgds, WRIDR

@WRIDRHello.  Just like my dad, he has been retired for over a decade now and is turning 83 in 4 days time.  My parents also have not received their vaccination yet, so it is really a big risk for him to be just going to the grocery store for supplies, etc.  Hang in there and it is exactly what I tell my parents to stay healthy and be very careful.

I am also waiting for my turn to be vaccinated, but there is no word at all from my employer or anywhere near me in my State.  :97:

• Like 1

Just a little humor in a non-humorous subject. Last night I ran a few numbers from our local health dept and national numbers from Worldometer. (Yeah I’m that nerd). Locally 8% of population has had Covid. Nationally it’s about the same as is the 1.1-1.2 deaths per 1000 persons. When I told my wife those numbers and that I feel ok without vaccinating she reminded me that I run into burning buildings, ride motorcycles, and fish in an 80’ deep lake without a life jacket, either way she’s probably gonna collect my life insurance with or without the shot. Wife logic is almost as good as kid logic. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, RDawson said:

Just a little humor in a non-humorous subject. Last night I ran a few numbers from our local health dept and national numbers from Worldometer. (Yeah I’m that nerd). Locally 8% of population has had Covid. Nationally it’s about the same as is the 1.1-1.2 deaths per 1000 persons. When I told my wife those numbers and that I feel ok without vaccinating she reminded me that I run into burning buildings, ride motorcycles, and fish in an 80’ deep lake without a life jacket, either way she’s probably gonna collect my life insurance with or without the shot. Wife logic is almost as good as kid logic. 

My wife's logic on doing anything that might be dangerous such as riding motorcycles is that the last thing she wants to see me do is sit in my recliner and watch TV.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, RDawson said:

unfortunately lately it seems we’re dealing with radicals from multiple directions.

Seems we have been so focused on  radical extremist terrorists from 3rd world. Muslim, Islamic and banana states that we have forgot to watch our back trail and allowed our own brand of fanatical terrorists to grow right under our very noses. It is sad to see the whole world turn upside down with violence and extremism's  based on rumors of any sort  whether true or false. As humans we are supposed to have risen above animal instincts. But have we? 

6 minutes ago, BlueSky said:

Yeah, two billion dollars damage to cities because the authorities just sat back and allowed it  but we are getting political.  

I’m trying real hard not to discuss that but we’re on the same thought process. If I come out and share my thoughts it’ll take the penalty box to a new level. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I want to start this by saying I do believe the virus is real and has sadly caused much heartache from the premature death of many people.  My heart goes out to all of those affected.  I still have much skepticism though on the impact of this virus to the majority of the population, many who contract it and have few, or no symptoms.  There is much, imho, opinion still not known (like why some people have no ill effects from contracting the virus).  Enter the "vaccine", which may not technically and legally meet the definition of a true vaccine.

Please read what this Dr writes about the 'vaccine', which is really an engineered gene therapy treatment, much like chemotherapy, rather than a dead virus (i.e. flu shot) which triggers the body's immune system.  This is best taken with a grain of salt, so use your own logic to decide if you subscribe to his analysis:  https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2021/02/09/coronavirus-mrna-vaccine.aspx?ui=930d10ed6a313809138b8dbb64d7efae2ab104e39be3d9dd7dfdc9c8c99661f6&sd=20110601&cid_source=dnl&cid_medium=email&cid_content=art1HL&cid=20210209_HL2&mid=DM799847&rid=1079749369

Then go read what the CDC says:  https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html

Personally, I'm not ready to inject a gene therapy treatment into my body that is designed to engineer my body's cells, according to some laboratory theory, for which we do not know the long-term consequences.   But, I do understand some taking the lesser of the evils approach and if you feel this injection, regardless of any possible, unknown long-term effects is the best possible scenario for you, then you are making an intelligent decision for your personal needs. 

I will stick to my regiment of regular exercise, eating lots of fruits/vegetables, no alcohol, drinking green tea and take my chances against the virus. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I personally know of one person who died from the virus but he was 81 and undergoing chemo for cancer.  My 81 yr old sister was hospitalized but survived.  Her whole family got it  and one daughter had to be hospitalized too.  The healthy ones said it was a bad experience.  So, it isn't your normal flu.  One of my wife's coworkers got it, a mild case, and she thinks she may have had a mild case too.  I'm not sure.  The number of new cases in the USA is dropping.  I suppose a combination of post virus immunity and vaccines are bringing it down.  I read that 1.5 million people are being vaccinated daily now with 27 million having had at least one shot.  Seems there is a light at the end of the tunnel.    

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BlueSky said:

I personally know of one person who died from the virus but he was 81 and undergoing chemo for cancer.  My 81 yr old sister was hospitalized but survived.  Her whole family got it  and one daughter had to be hospitalized too.  The healthy ones said it was a bad experience.  So, it isn't your normal flu.  One of my wife's coworkers got it, a mild case, and she thinks she may have had a mild case too.  I'm not sure.  The number of new cases in the USA is dropping.  I suppose a combination of post virus immunity and vaccines are bringing it down.  I read that 1.5 million people are being vaccinated daily now with 27 million having had at least one shot.  Seems there is a light at the end of the tunnel.    

My wife got her second dose of the vaccine yesterday, we couldn't be happier.  I'm not old enough to get an appt yet, but am anxious to get mine.

Hi All,

I thought I would send some news your way that pertains to this subject. Never thought I'd be weighing in.

My wife has worked at the same insurance company for 43 years. She manages the contracts division for this well known company. One of the gentlemen that she had worked with for 40 of those years, his name is Fred Dickson, retired 3 years ago. Fred retired at 68yrs old, so that makes him 71 this year. Fred is a beast of a man. What I mean is: he has always been a highly active person, and has had lazer focus on his health. He has for many years competed regionally in rode bicycle races. He is actually the president of one of the large rode riding organizations here in central Arkansas. The man is a picture of health, and is an inspiration for people who are in their 70's to stay healthy.

Fred had been looking forward to getting the vaccine as soon as it was made available to him and his wife. Two weeks ago, he and Shea (his wife) got the vaccine. Shea became sick the day after receiving it. She has ran fever, and been feeliing yucky, but has been making progress in feeling better. Fred did fine for 2 days, then became really sick with respiratory issues, and fever and such. We have been tracking their progress over the past week through Facebook postings from their daughter. This past Friday, Fred had to be admitted to the hospital because his respiratory problems were getting worse. We got the word yesterday that they had to intubate Fred Tuesday night. Sadly, we received word that Fred had a stroke and died early this morning. We are completely in shock.

Here is a man that was a picture of health for a 71 year old, and actually had an athletes hearts. Slim, fit, active, no issues before the vaccine shot. We're floored.

I am 58yrs old, and have been saying all along that as soon as i can get the vaccine, I was gonna get it. This terribly sad incident has completely caused me to halt, and think hard about it. Fred Dickson was 71 years old, but was by far the most healthy 71 year old ive ever encountered, and as a matter of fact, healthier than me.

I don't know what the heck to do about the vaccine now.

Big Lenny

• Like 2

Lenny,  sorry for your loss.  No doubt his family and your entire community are reeling and hurting from losing someone such as Fred.  The way you described him, I have no doubt he understood how precious and precarious life is and long ago decided that when his time came, he was going out happy.  Those who cherished him may never know if the vaccine contributed to his passing or was purely coincidental but I hope and pray everyone can find comfort in knowing that he lived his life to fullest and died happy.   That is his legacy. 

As far as your decision about the vaccine, I hope you can can take the time with a clear head to make a decision and find peace in whichever decision you make.   Whether prayer is your thing or not, I've never heard of it hurting.

• Like 2

On 2/10/2021 at 1:35 PM, circa1968 said:

I want to start this by saying I do believe the virus is real and has sadly caused much heartache from the premature death of many people.  My heart goes out to all of those affected.  I still have much skepticism though on the impact of this virus to the majority of the population, many who contract it and have few, or no symptoms.  There is much, imho, opinion still not known (like why some people have no ill effects from contracting the virus).  Enter the "vaccine", which may not technically and legally meet the definition of a true vaccine.

Please read what this Dr writes about the 'vaccine', which is really an engineered gene therapy treatment, much like chemotherapy, rather than a dead virus (i.e. flu shot) which triggers the body's immune system.  This is best taken with a grain of salt, so use your own logic to decide if you subscribe to his analysis:  https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2021/02/09/coronavirus-mrna-vaccine.aspx?ui=930d10ed6a313809138b8dbb64d7efae2ab104e39be3d9dd7dfdc9c8c99661f6&sd=20110601&cid_source=dnl&cid_medium=email&cid_content=art1HL&cid=20210209_HL2&mid=DM799847&rid=1079749369

Then go read what the CDC says:  https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html

Personally, I'm not ready to inject a gene therapy treatment into my body that is designed to engineer my body's cells, according to some laboratory theory, for which we do not know the long-term consequences.   But, I do understand some taking the lesser of the evils approach and if you feel this injection, regardless of any possible, unknown long-term effects is the best possible scenario for you, then you are making an intelligent decision for your personal needs. 

I will stick to my regiment of regular exercise, eating lots of fruits/vegetables, no alcohol, drinking green tea and take my chances against the virus. 

Thanks for posting this more people should read and head what these Doctors are saying about this so call vaccine.  It’s not a vaccine at all it’s a Chemotherapy synthetic drug unlike the flu vaccines which dissipates in your body.  The COVID shot is going to be a part of your DNA from now on.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I talked to my 81 yr old sister today, the one who got covid and was hospitalized for a few days.  She recovered and she was told to get the vaccine after 30 days.  She got the Moderna vaccine and she said it made her sick with fever and chills almost like having the virus again.  The nurse told her that the second one will give her the same side effects.  I read a while back that you should wait 90 days afterwards before taking the vaccine?  I had no side effects from the Pfizer vaccines with the second one on Feb 7.   I don't know what to think about all this?

• Like 1

It is concerning to me for sure.  I am scheduled to get my first shot this coming Friday and guess what....it is going to be a Moderna vaccine.  I was told to keep some Tylenol nearby. 

My 82 year old mother has had both doses of the Pfizer vaccine and had zero side effects.  I am getting my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine today and my wife is scheduled for her first dose on Monday.  I am classified by the CDC as "high risk" and my job involves extensive traveling.....so I have been mainly sitting at home for the last year.  I am looking forward to getting out and traveling again.

Wife & I got our 1st Pfizer vaccine shots last Friday, Feb 26th. No problems or side effects other than a bit sore at the injection site. Overnight and not even that. We're supposed to go back for our 2nd shot in 3 weeks. 

Like many here we were totally undecided whether to get these shots or not. What all with so much conflicting info out there. Rolled the dice so to speak so I guess we'll see where this experience takes us.

Prayers offered up for those who suffered this Covid virus or have lost loved ones to it.

• Like 4

We got our second Pfizer vaccine two weeks ago this coming Saturday.  No issues at all.  I know that some have had problems but we had no fever, pains, etc.  Glad it's done.

• Like 1