COVID-19 Vaccine

Covid-19 Vaccine Poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. COVID-19 Vaccine

• Yes, only the 1st Dose
    • Yes, including the 2nd Dose
    • Not Yet Vaccinated
    • I don't intend to receive the COVID-19 Vaccine

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 08/31/2021 at 04:00 PM

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want to start this by saying I do believe the virus is real and has sadly caused much heartache from the premature death of many people.  My heart goes out to all of those affected.  I still have mu

Just a little humor in a non-humorous subject. Last night I ran a few numbers from our local health dept and national numbers from Worldometer. (Yeah I’m that nerd). Locally 8% of population has had C

Wife & I got our 1st Pfizer vaccine shots last Friday, Feb 26th. No problems or side effects other than a bit sore at the injection site. Overnight and not even that. We're supposed to go back for

Posted Images

Is there a way to add another Poll Question?  I think the last question may count as a simply 'No' answer....

Edited by N3FOL
Added a statement

The poll questions aren't clear.  I had the first Pfizer shot this past Sunday.  The only side effect I noticed was a sore arm later that day.  Plan to get the second dose in 21 days.  I'm in the 1B category.  

I’m still on the fence, I’m pretty healthy and don’t expect severe symptoms. That said, my wife tested positive Tuesday. So far I’m fine living in the house and driving her to appointments. Two people I know passed last week but both had underlying issues. My mother had Covid a month ago and pulled thru fine even with her severe Alzheimer’s. We got the call today the end is near and expect the final call any minute but we don’t know if it’s Covid related. As dumb as it sounds the driving force for me to get the shots is the travel bans for the unvaccinated. 

I started taking this last week with Vit D and still waiting to be vaccinated.  My wife is scheduled to be vaccinated next week before they go back to in person learning at their school district.  I am not so concerned of the side effects since the benefits outweigh the risks.  

6A942A25-183E-4313-9681-51AFB237BDA7.jpeg

I am happy those who can have the Vaccination and maybe it will help stop the spread of have Covid .( hearing reports that after the Vaccination one still is contagious )..As for those of us who cannot have the Vaccination ( because of underlying health conditons )  will have to do out best to stay well ...There is large number of people in the little City of Morden who started on 1500 mg Vitamin C , 3000 iu of D3 ,,100mg slow release Vitamin B complex and a Herbal supplement about 30 days ago who have reports of feeling much better .. 

The last time I got a Vaccination was H1N1 and another one respiratory   ,  I was very ..very sick in bed in bed for 10 Vomiting and bathroom problems and I could not leave the house for more than 3 weeks and do nothing for lot longer than that  ....I have had a Lung problem since then , medical diagnosis was to check with your doctor to test your auto immune system before having the vaccination ...I wish everyone the best out and I pray that this Covid goes away

Edited by larrydr
  • Like 2
On 1/21/2021 at 6:37 PM, N3FOL said:

Are you concerned of the current side effects that may happen to you?

Yes, for the simple reason it modifies your immune system unlike the flu vaccine.  Side effects is a temporary condition modifying the T cells in your immune system is permanent.  Just not ready to be altered at this time .    Masking, distance and washing hands works for me so far.

• Thanks 1

I am on the fence as well.  I feel like I possible already had in last October, very mild case.  My driving force is that I wouldn't want to have it and pass it along to another unintentionally.  

On 1/21/2021 at 6:37 PM, N3FOL said:

Are you concerned of the current side effects that may happen to you?

I am somewhat concerned but it would not stop me from getting the vaccine since I believe the risk of side effects is no worse than any other vaccine, inoculation or medication we have received over the years.

I am truly happy for all the folks that can take the vaccination , and I hope that this vaccination can help anyone that has one...I had cancer in 2010 surgery to remove the liver to remove the tumors  & chemo , .. Stomach surgery for the same in 2013 ... I now have to 12 injections every 3 months to fight infection , ...I have  cyst on my left lung and is most times growing , have trouble breathing at times ... Drowning in fluid most of the time when wearing a mask ...On a restricted  diet and cannot change any medication unless I am in the hospital to do the change ....I got the cyst in my lung from a injection to fight a viral infection ....I have stay away from any injection site & anyone that has had the injection for at least 3 months  ...BE WELL FOLKS I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST 

• Like 1

I am not yet surprised that we don't have anybody here that responded has received the vaccine.  I have my concerns on the safety of the vaccine and I am personally giving it a serious thought.   

• Like 1

My wife is recovering from the virus now. She had planned to get the shot but got sick the day before she was to get vaccinated. It really hasn’t been bad for her, other than taste/smell, seasonal allergies usually get her worse than this has. After a couple days her dr gave her the much condemned hydoxychloroqine, an antibiotic, and a steroid. Doc also sent me a scrip for Ivermectin to use for a preventative anti-viral. Yep the same Ivermectin you cattle/horse owners use as a dewormer, I’ve since read of several that are buying it at TSC and using to get over Covid. $3 at a farm store vs $95 at a drug store. 

5 hours ago, N3FOL said:

I am not yet surprised that we don't have anybody here that responded has received the vaccine.  I have my concerns on the safety of the vaccine and I am personally giving it a serious thought.   

I got the first shot 8 days ago, the Pfizer vaccine.  The only side effect I noticed was that my arm was sore later that day.  I'm scheduled for the second in 13 days.  The risk is too high not to take it in my opinion for an old coot like me, 76 yrs old.  

• Like 1

@BlueSkyI prefer Pfizer over Moderna, simply because all that I've heard in the news regarding fatal side effects have been vaccinated with the Moderna vaccine.  With that said, I am not sure what I read online is accurate or not.  Still patiently waiting for my turn to be vaccinated.  :97:

Well I can now post to this subject.  Got my shot yesterday afternoon, very fast turn around from start to end.  I got the Moderma and had no issues with it.  Go back in four weeks for the second.  I have no thoughts on which one is better (Phizer or Moderma) I just wanted the protection.  T cell Lymphoma nearly forty years ago which prompted the docs to remove my spleen, heart attack year ago last November, colon surgery in December and a history of pulmonary embolisms, that was all it took for me to want the vaccine.

• Like 1

Scientist and hospitals in Canada have found an old commonly used med to fight other diseases to that will reduce the infection rate of Covid by 45 pecent , hospitalizion rate by 40 percent and death rate by 44 percent ...On going research underway

2 minutes ago, larrydr said:

Scientist and hospitals in Canada have found an old commonly used med to fight other diseases to that will reduce the infection rate of Covid by 45 pecent , hospitalizion rate by 40 percent and death rate by 44 percent ...On going research underway

But but, how will any money be made?  Does big Pharma want to save the world for free (little), I think not.   

Just this morning on the news, xyz not recommending pregnant woman get the vaccine.  Not because it is bad, because very little to none testing has been done.  

• Like 3

I got my diagnosis today from another MRI ,,news is not all good ....They 3 more cyst in my pancreas and 1 more in each kidney ...They me that under any circumstances should I have the vaccine ...My next appointment is Feb 17 and the next is on march 3 ...I was told not to worry that the thing was that they where watch me regulary .

My wife and I both had Covid 19 back in September.  She lost her sense of taste and smell for about a week and had cold like symptoms.  I had a low grade fever for a couple days and severe back pains for two days. We both felt fatigued for a couple weeks.