IGNORED

Where are all the guns? Great Documentary

SpencerPJ

Discussion of ammo, and guns, near impossible to find, I watched an awesome documentary on Nat Geo, Trafficked by Marianne van Zeller, this episode called 'Guns', and I was literally shocked.  All this hoopla about drugs coming from Mexico into America, and the crazy thing, the enormous amount of guns and ammo smuggled from USA to Mexico, to go to the cartels.  There is a major turf war going on in Mexico on who will run the country, and Guns sell for a serious premium to cartels, and it is a operation just the same as drugs coming to America, only catch, Mexico Borders do Very little searching heading south.  Here we all think Americans are stock piling, wrong.....  Civilian gun ownership in Mexico is basically illegal, so who owns them, cartels and thugs...

If you have access to Nat Geo, highly recommend it.  She actually has a few great documentaries in her series

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/tv/shows/trafficked-with-mariana-van-zeller

• Like 1

" Here we all think Americans are stock piling, wrong..... "

Last year for the first time in my later life I looked into getting one and even spoke with Puc for a recommendation to suit my needs.

Your comment quoted is what I heard most often Spence and same for ammo.

Here north of 49 the rumor was U guys were stock piling, was a little unnerving at the time to be honest.

Well, we might be stockpiling a bit, just there are other forces and considerations as well. Our Govt does not seem too be overly concerned because they are flowing out of our country.  A bit narrow minded when you consider who is getting them and who we are at odds with for our Drug war.  It is a nasty cycle. My recommendation, if you have not gotten one, you should consider that a priority if you want one, the next administration would like to put more restrictions on ownership, and they will be very powerful the next four years.

2 hours ago, SpencerPJ said:

Well, we might be stockpiling a bit, just there are other forces and considerations as well. Our Govt does not seem too be overly concerned because they are flowing out of our country.  A bit narrow minded when you consider who is getting them and who we are at odds with for our Drug war.  It is a nasty cycle. My recommendation, if you have not gotten one, you should consider that a priority if you want one, the next administration would like to put more restrictions on ownership, and they will be very powerful the next four years.

Your position is sound Spence conscience for lack of a better word when it comes to weapon sales don't seem to go hand in hand.

It is a shame in what has been going on in Mexico for way too long.

Here tho and in my experience it is not hard to buy a weapon off the street, it is hard tho to buy one legally. That is a major issue we feel here out west. In my case last year there was for a time more going on then I felt at my age I could keep up with; I wasn't shy in taking a position and truthfully the police were the best asset in being very responsive. But, the good news is that the more the thugs reacted the more the neighborhood began to realize  regardless of color this is our neighborhood. One night and there were many, after gun fire I walk thru the lane ways to make sure there wasn't anyone left leaking to death. I was joined by a father and his son a Muslim family then a squad showed up he rolled by me saying "Mr. ... we know what's going on we got this" yes WE do I replied.

On another occasion and in broad day I was less than polite with a family that had moved in; their aggressive behavior  to anyone that appeared incapable and not looking like them rapidly became a big problem. As luck would have it I happened across a stickup, Loose was still alive and just a few steps away. Not often do I loose my cool but it happened that day! Really, hard to believe the words that spilled from my mouth but truly reflected how I felt, at the moment. And yes that family left fast.

Many of us live in overly large cities, we loose the sense of community, walk with heads down, ignore what shouldn't be ignored, constantly saying "not my problem" until it is and then, you stand alone and why, "not my problem" has come back to bite.

Even for among us that choose not to own a firearm, these eastern imposed regulations will only serve to show how different Western Canadians are from the rest of Canada. It demonstrates only that the good are thought to be incapable of making the correct decisions for themselves and, that we should only dial a number or stand aside or pray our address isn't on the nights menu.

Whether or not I do have one is between me and myself but, try one of these "home invasions" (that seem to be the new kick) .... :think: 

Now what's this next 4 year stuff? Man it takes us forever to get use to a new U.S. :classic_sad:

Peace Bro

LOL, wow, I never new or considered there were differences north of the border, East to West. The next 4 year stuff, certainly political. My opinion is, and we all have opinions, Biden bothers me not so much, but that nasty VP Harris, wow.. My bet is, by June, Biden will be declared unfit for Presidency with health concerns, she'll take over, the first Lady President with a very very very social agenda. The even more scary part is the influences that companies such as Facebook have in manipulating perceptions, add to that Google who will let you see what they choose to let you see, you get where I am going.  The ultra wealthy and powerful will continue to brainwash their following. 

Another great documentary if you have access to Netflix, The Social Dilemma. :beer:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RDawson said:

Glock under the blue label program.

You are lucky.  I've been looking for a 43 or 43x, nothing.  I might break down and pay a premium online, simple because I want it.  I've never gone the online route, any suggestions or cautions are welcomed.

• Like 1

The X is what I bought, I already had one but my nephew wanted one and couldn’t find one available. I sold him mine and bought the blue label since it was available. Same gun but only available to LEO, Fire, Military. Really considering going back for a 40 cal just to put in the safe for the future. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RDawson said:

The X is what I bought, I already had one but my nephew wanted one and couldn’t find one available. I sold him mine and bought the blue label since it was available. Same gun but only available to LEO, Fire, Military. Really considering going back for a 40 cal just to put in the safe for the future. 

I was handling a Sig P365 today along with a 43x.  Kinda waffling. No chance to shoot, but the Sig felt nicer.  He might be getting another Sig in later this week.  The 43x are impossible to find unless you order online. I was at 5 different places this afternoon.  From the internet, they both are considered excellent, both with pros / cons.  Any feedback on a Sig p365 is welcomed.

• Like 1