IGNORED

Drive Belt Slack

I was reading through the service manual preparing myself to bleed my brakes and came across this on page 3-18.  What is the difference here... 4.0 to 6.0 mm on maintenance stand.... 5.0 to 7.0 mm on what?  Kick stand perhaps?

E90F044C-E94D-423B-B2FB-0018CF0AD7DC.jpeg

22 hours ago, N3FOL said:

I was reading through the service manual preparing myself to bleed my brakes and came across this on page 3-18.  What is the difference here... 4.0 to 6.0 mm on maintenance stand.... 5.0 to 7.0 mm on what?  Kick stand perhaps?

Yeah...they didnt put enough words on that page.  Before and after though they are saying, "put it on a maintenance stand".  They dont say if wheel is left dangling cause you are raising bike by frame or compressed a little cause you are jacking bike using "spools" or rear axle.   I dont know.  Call Yamaha Customer Service and let us know what they say.

The last time I called Yamaha Customer Service, an automated machine answered until it kept ringing and ringing...I'll try again this coming week and hope to get some clarification.  :thumbsup2:

It is not time for me to replace the belt, but any knowledge gained is beneficial.  

• Like 1