IGNORED

Battery Life

Bike has been at the dealer since 22  November for gps repair. Called today to get an update, none. Asked about the brake switch recall, did not know about it. (Smiling).

Also, and the reason for this post, I asked if the battery was on a tender. They said no but seeing that it was in a heated facility they did not see the necessity. I mentioned that there are a lot of electronics on the bike, but no concerned shown.

So, how long can the bike sit before the battery will go dead? Any one have any ideas?

Depends on condition of battery and how much draw is on it. I do not know what the draw is on this bike is supposed to be but maybe it is in the service manual.

I think you should find a different dealer. I called the dealer I bought mine from when I was having the brake switch problem. They said to bring it in and let it sit until they had time to work on it. I said no way. I called a dealer that was almost two hours away and told the service manager the problems I was having with the cruise control shutting off. He said give me your phone number and let me call Yamaha. He called back about an hour later and said before he could describe the porblem completely they said to order a front brake switch and change it out under warranty. Needless to say the second dealer gets all my business now.

I am considering it, but the only other dealer that was recommended is 2 hours away in the other direction. So it is a drive either way. And the first one is where I bought the bike. The closest Yamaha dealer is not recommended.

10 hours ago, ecbaatz said:

Bike has been at the dealer since 22  November for gps repair. Called today to get an update, none. Asked about the brake switch recall, did not know about it. (Smiling).

Also, and the reason for this post, I asked if the battery was on a tender. They said no but seeing that it was in a heated facility they did not see the necessity. I mentioned that there are a lot of electronics on the bike, but no concerned shown.

So, how long can the bike sit before the battery will go dead? Any one have any ideas?

Dealers kill batteries from neglect.

yuasa.jpg

21 minutes ago, ecbaatz said:

Talked with Yamaha today, They stated if there was a problem with the battery when in the dealer care, it would be taken care of.

This is comforting to know, Yamaha assured you that the shop would take care of any battery issues.  IMO, if it has not been started since Nov 22... I personally would like to plug in the battery on a tender even for just a few hours or so.