IGNORED

1983 XVZ1200 COST RETURN FOR INVESTMENT

larrydr

I rode new bikes from 1965 till 1977 ...I decided in 1978 that I could put a used bike into premium condition for riding.

I have riding used bikes since .  I spend winter doing a complete overall repair from front to back .

My XVZ1200 is  turning into such a project .

I look at it this I way , my XVZ1200 will end up costing up to $2500 to make good safe ride

I don't mind spending up to $1500.00 on $3000.00 bike ...I then know the bike is good to ride a full season ..

This is all based on Canadian dollars .. I am sure that bike prices and repaired values are different in the USA.

In Manitoba , Canada we have safety / road worthy inspection before we buy our plates to ride .

No matter how old or new your bike is you have to have this inspection done .

The bike is measured for changes and components measured for specs.

I have never lost on my investment , in the past years

Edited by larrydr
spelling errors

I always got my ROI paid in Smiles per Miles when it came to my Ventures.. For some reason they never really were a money maker at my shop but WOWZY WOW WOW WOW,, talk about TOUGH and talk about FUN!!  Putting 250k miles on a $400 motorcycle out CTFW with the kids or the wife in tow = awesome!!

PROFILE PIC.jpg

• Like 1

Yep, I've never "Made Money" on a used bike. What I have done is log a bunch of miles for a little $ and usually end up getting enough out of them to start the next project when I get bored with the current ride.

Though with the Ventures, I can't say I've gotten bored with any of them. The '83 is still fun to ride, the '86 is still SO comfortable, and the '06 is just stunningly beautiful. If space wasn't at a premium, I'd never get rid of any of them.

Edited by luvmy40