IGNORED

Sold my shooters but still no Vette yet BUT, still out there having fun though!!

cowpuc

3 hours ago, cowpuc said:

DSCN8690.JPG

DSCN8691.JPG

Sernos don't seem to match. Just like an old Vette they are worth more with matching numbers....:mo money:

That bore seems to have some pretty deep spiral gouges in it. Maybe if you ran about a half inch reamer down there with some good cutting oil will smooth it out real good....:witch_brew:

6 hours ago, M61A1MECH said:

Heyyy,, hiya @M61A1MECH,,, wassup.. Colder than a witches,,,oh never mind, would give ya nightmares if I told ya how cold it is up here LOL. THANK YOU Steve!! Greatly appreciate the heads up on the Vette.. Being this is one of my bucket list items so reason has nothing to do with this (like it ever did in my case) but I gotta have a Roadster.  I may,, and I find this somewhat difficult to know for sure whether it will fly in the end, do a 66 427 Roadster Vette and be willing to over look the missing tri-power knowing they did not come with 3 dueces in 66 but the fact the 65 Big Blocks were 396,, those are out too - gotta be a 427. I REALLY do appreciate the link though my friend!! THANK YOU!

Knowing you are in Florida I another question concerning the matter if you don't mind.. Mecum has a big auction happening in Kissimee (sp) all this week.  I am signed up with Mecum for the year and, going thru thier kissimee cars - I see they have at least (1) Vette I am interested in starting with Thursdays auction. Then the following Saturday down in Punta Gorda at the Muscle Car Museum (place must be closing their doors) there is also 1.. All that said, and having never lived in Florida (spent a fair amount of time playing down there though - touring/camping in the weeds of the Everglades and LOVE the ocean air odors of SALT water in the air so that is why I ask this - probably LAME question) I need to ask someone who will be honest about RUST.. Do Florida cars have issues with rust?  Any thoughts? From the hip, give it to brother!

Thanks

Puc

Edited by cowpuc

So you are set fast and hard on a 66? There is a 67 Roadster with 427 in that same auction, it is Lot 28. I like the split window coupes myself. If I get tired of the Goldwing, any cash from the sale goes to a bucket list similar to yours, either an older Vette or Shelby AC Cobra.

As far as rust here in Florida, yes you will find some because of the high humidity and salt in the air if you are on the coast. East coast cars suffer from it more than west coast ones , I think for two reasons, first the wave action and resulting salt spray is heavier on the east coast. Second here on the east coast they let you drive on the beach, not the case on the west coast. 

I know that the last time Barry and I were in Punta Gorda we toured the Muscle Car Museum  and it was greatly reduced in size from the first time I toured it a number of years ago. The original site was an old Super Walmart store, it was huge, the one Barry and I visited was big but more like a regular supermarket size.  The owner is always buying new inventory, so maybe he is just clearing the way for new show cars.

Well if you buy one down here in Florida, let me know, I will be happy to go and pick it up for you, I drive to the house and store for a while. I would of course keep it exercised regularly. 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, M61A1MECH said:

So you are set fast and hard on a 66? There is a 67 Roadster with 427 in that same auction, it is Lot 28. I like the split window coupes myself. If I get tired of the Goldwing, any cash from the sale goes to a bucket list similar to yours, either an older Vette or Shelby AC Cobra.

As far as rust here in Florida, yes you will find some because of the high humidity and salt in the air if you are on the coast. East coast cars suffer from it more than west coast ones , I think for two reasons, first the wave action and resulting salt spray is heavier on the east coast. Second here on the east coast they let you drive on the beach, not the case on the west coast. 

I know that the last time Barry and I were in Punta Gorda we toured the Muscle Car Museum  and it was greatly reduced in size from the first time I toured it a number of years ago. The original site was an old Super Walmart store, it was huge, the one Barry and I visited was big but more like a regular supermarket size.  The owner is always buying new inventory, so maybe he is just clearing the way for new show cars.

Well if you buy one down here in Florida, let me know, I will be happy to go and pick it up for you, I drive to the house and store for a while. I would of course keep it exercised regularly. 😁

No ya lop eared salt air suckin varmint,, I think that warm southern air is messing up my messages or something,, it IS the 67 Roadster that I am looking for, lot B25 at the Muscle Car Museum auction on Saturday defines it exactly and is very possible what will draw Tip and I back down there on that weekend. The only reason I mentioned the 66 was, even though the tri-power was not available in the 66 427 but I may still consider one as I can add tri-power to it and end up with my bucket list C2 427 tri-power.  

You sound like my daughter out in Sac = sure Dad,, you can keep it in my garage as long as you leave the keys in it in case I have to move it :) ..  Those Museum cars are all in NON RUNNING condition/prepped for museum storage.  I had a 1942 Harley war bike (her name was Olivia) that our local WW2 war museum (Silverside submarine is part of it) wanted me to store there. I was SHOCKED at the level of Museum storage prep I would have had to go thru to allow them to show the bike and did not do it BUT I do know those cars will need a fair amount of resurrecting to be driveable.  Maybe you and that varmint Barry could push it to your place? LOL 

54 minutes ago, cowpuc said:

No ya lop eared salt air suckin varmint,, I think that warm southern air is messing up my messages or something,, it IS the 67 Roadster that I am looking for, lot B25 at the Muscle Car Museum auction on Saturday defines it exactly and is very possible what will draw Tip and I back down there on that weekend. The only reason I mentioned the 66 was, even though the tri-power was not available in the 66 427 but I may still consider one as I can add tri-power to it and end up with my bucket list C2 427 tri-power.  

You sound like my daughter out in Sac = sure Dad,, you can keep it in my garage as long as you leave the keys in it in case I have to move it :) ..  Those Museum cars are all in NON RUNNING condition/prepped for museum storage.  I had a 1942 Harley war bike (her name was Olivia) that our local WW2 war museum (Silverside submarine is part of it) wanted me to store there. I was SHOCKED at the level of Museum storage prep I would have had to go thru to allow them to show the bike and did not do it BUT I do know those cars will need a fair amount of resurrecting to be driveable.  Maybe you and that varmint Barry could push it to your place? LOL 

OK now I am straight. Well lot B25 is one of the cleanest ones I have seen in a while, that one is not going to go cheap that is for sure, but with your deep pockets I am sure you will be in the hunt. 🤑  I see a dark blue 63 split window coupe (lot B38) that would be a color match to my 4Runner, but I am a bit partial to the 67 yellow / black coupe lot B27, to bad I am not in a position to do some serious looking right now.

Good luck if you are bidding on it.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, M61A1MECH said:

OK now I am straight. Well lot B25 is one of the cleanest ones I have seen in a while, that one is not going to go cheap that is for sure, but with your deep pockets I am sure you will be in the hunt. 🤑  I see a dark blue 63 split window coupe (lot B38) that would be a color match to my 4Runner, but I am a bit partial to the 67 yellow / black coupe lot B27, to bad I am not in a position to do some serious looking right now.

Good luck if you are bidding on it.  

Steve, Tip wanted me to ask you,, is Disney and the area surrounding Disney (Orlando/Kissimee) still in full swing, resturants and the like or are you folks under the same CCP Virus close down, lock ups as we are? Here in Michigan even the fast food joints are closed except for drive thru's. We celebrated our 40th Anniversary down there (had a planned trip to Hawaii canceled because of the virus so we went down there to Florida and played in the Glades/Keys instead) in September when Michigan was closed too and DeSantis still had Florida open.  Are you folks still open for business as usual @M61A1MECH?

THANK YOU for the well wish on the bidding!!

Puc

52 minutes ago, cowpuc said:

Steve, Tip wanted me to ask you,, is Disney and the area surrounding Disney (Orlando/Kissimee) still in full swing, resturants and the like or are you folks under the same CCP Virus close down, lock ups as we are? Here in Michigan even the fast food joints are closed except for drive thru's. We celebrated our 40th Anniversary down there (had a planned trip to Hawaii canceled because of the virus so we went down there to Florida and played in the Glades/Keys instead) in September when Michigan was closed too and DeSantis still had Florida open.  Are you folks still open for business as usual @M61A1MECH?

THANK YOU for the well wish on the bidding!!

Puc

Puc, We are pretty much open for business, Disney and such require that you make reservations on line to visit the theme parks and they are limiting the number of folks that can enter the park and require social distancing while in the parks. Masks are "required" at all businesses, but it is not strictly enforced, I see some folks shopping without masks or wearing their mask on their chin. Restaurants are open, require you to wear a mask until you are seated, some are still limiting the occupancy and not seating at some tables and bar stations to maintain social distancing.  I have not been to any of the major cities in a long time so I not sure if there are some areas that are stricter than here in the Daytona area. 

• Thanks 1

I have hunted all kinds of game in my time and enjoyed it very much .. Some of it great weather and some in nasty weather , the 7 X 61 Schultz and Larson capable of 220 grains /200 yards at 2889 ft per second .I loaded ammo for the local law enforcement as well for RCMP Provincial force .  On my last hunt i spent 4 weeks in Northern Albert ending on  November 15th .. 5 of went in the bush land 40 miles from no where ..We walked in the last 20 miles to a Camp ...On the 4 day I got lost while tracking a moose ...I fell through the ice and near drowned , I stuck my hunting knife into the ice to pull my self out  , I was hurt and could not walk .. I the story is way to long to say it all now  .  I sold my firearms and I gave the last 2 away , which turned out to be near impossible ...Canada had set up a registration process that anyone could be arrested for owning a firearm..( all because some crazy nut killed 30 people ) in Quebec  ...I live in Manitoba and the head government office was in eastern Canada  .. As I was trying to give the last 2 away I called the head office to explain , I had all the correct paper work ..The Woman tells that Manitoba is not in Canada ...I answered back to her and said yes it is ...I said you get into car and head west you will get to Manitoba in 8 days ...After 4 hours on the phone and her getting help from someone else in their office it finally did work ...At the end of the call I said to her that this registration process is flawed is set up so that anyone can be arrested charged under the firearms act , Her to me oh I know that the government is trying to eliminate all firearms in Canada ..Fortunately the governing Liberal Party in power got dumped the following year and some of the laws have changed . 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2021 at 9:54 AM, M61A1MECH said:

Puc,

I se that 67 Vette in Punta Gorda sold, did you get it?

Oh man THAT was a GORGEOUS Vette too Steve.. Unfortunately it was a ways out of my budget.  Back to the drawing board brother!