IGNORED

2009 venture stereo

I used the existing wires. I removed the plug end from the original stereo and connected the amp wires to it so I could plug into the bikes wiring without having to cut the bikes wiring. Yes this is a amp that will blue-tooth music from your phone to the amp. I used the original bike speakers. I think they sound fine. I wasn't expecting a lot of bass just wanted clearer sound, I think that the extra watts put out by the amp makes the sound a lot clearer.

Ron

On 12/29/2020 at 2:04 PM, WIZ said:

It mounts in the same place as the original. I had to make a bracket to attach it, but it wasn't hard.

Ron

radio controler.jpg

My uncle is looking to get one for his incoming Venture project. Just got to finish installing the suspension and nitto ridge grappler tires on the current Wrangle project. Is that a good cellphone holder?

I am happy with the phone holder, been using it for about 65,000 miles or so. Had my phone in it a couple years ago when we wrecked my first venture, my phone stayed in the holder during the slide and only came out when the bike dug in and flipped.

Ron

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2020 at 1:39 PM, tat2dnthedesert said:

We’re you able to use the existing wiring also?   And this is an amp that will stream music from my phone or music services.  

The unit on the handlebar is just the controller.  The actual radio/amplifier/intercom unit is inside the front fairing.  The actual CB is underneath the trunk, and of course the tape deck is in the dash.  These wire back to the central radio/amplifier/intercom in the front fairing and are all controlled by the same handlebar controller.

So if you replace this unit, you delete the intercom and CB.  You may already know this. Just FYI.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/29/2020 at 10:54 PM, WIZ said:

I used the existing wires. I removed the plug end from the original stereo and connected the amp wires to it so I could plug into the bikes wiring without having to cut the bikes wiring. Yes this is a amp that will blue-tooth music from your phone to the amp. I used the original bike speakers. I think they sound fine. I wasn't expecting a lot of bass just wanted clearer sound, I think that the extra watts put out by the amp makes the sound a lot clearer.

Ron

Did you lose CB and Intercom functions with your wiring job?