IGNORED

Covid 19 Treatment Confusion

BlueSky

We have a very rich neighbor, a tobacco farmer. In the last years he has bought up quite a bit of the neighborhood property and farms. He doesn't own a boat, not even a small boat, airplane, fancy car, or even a snowmobile. He has property.

Asked why he wanted so much property his answer was: If you own the property you control the neighborhood. Didn't quite happen that way, but that's another story. So his answer is simple: POWER!!!

It's the one fault man has, his desire for more than what he was given and through that came all kinds of bad things: theft, greed, murder, adultery (and the spin-offs), and last but not least: disregard of the Creator.

If we could get rid of the desire for power, more than what we've been given, there could be peace in this world. We would also be taking vitamin D3 on a daily basis.

No money is ever lost (well you might lose some to me, or the other way around) but it is never gone, never poof! It ends up in somebody else's pocket. There are some pockets getting very rich over this pandemic, stinking rich. The owners of these pockets don't need the cash, they have more already than they could possibly spend in 2 lifetimes.

So why the desire for more? Power!!

One day soon we will all be ruled by those who control all the wealth. Gonna be interesting how that all plays out.

Babylon the Great!!

• Like 1

My county has been getting sporadic doses of the covid vaccine.  The priority 1B folks (over 75) are eligible now and I called when I was noified a week or so ago and couldn't get through until all of it was gone.  Today I was able to schedule a shot for this Sunday through the hospital's web site.  It's going to be the Pfizer vaccine.  Hope it works.  The last flu shot I got over 30 years ago gave me the worst case of the flu I could have ever imagined about 3 weeks after the shot....

4 hours ago, Marcarl said:

It's the one fault man has, his desire for more than what he was given and through that came all kinds of bad things: theft, greed, murder, adultery (and the spin-offs), and last but not least: disregard of the Creator.

If we could get rid of the desire for power, more than what we've been given, there could be peace in this world. 

So why the desire for more? Power!!

One day soon we will all be ruled by those who control all the wealth. Gonna be interesting how that all plays out.

Babylon the Great!!

"It's the one fault man has, his desire for more than what he was given and through that came all kinds of bad things: theft, greed, murder, adultery (and the spin-offs), and last but not least: disregard of the Creator."

The first time I bumped into the above words I was still a young fellow trying to do the right thing and extend help to a young girl without parents. I remember well the evening I sat with a priest to begin the first step in becoming the girls godfather. That night spelt the end of my belief in the Catholic religion. To this day I still believe that that is not what is mans design. Even tho in any comparison to this priest I was a total ignorant uneducated spec of a man lacking in any knowledge  outside of my ghetto environment; I could not bring myself to agree nor accept that believe much less repeat or pass on such thinking. 

Yet as you know of me Carl I have always believed in a Higher Power, that I have a destiny to serve others and, that I will be judge upon my return to The Gates. Being a French Canadian I need not say to a Dutch Canadian how Catholic the Quebec French were raised. Man is not sheep in my opinion that is and so must not be schooled to limit our potential. We must grow, we must accomplish, we must continue to evolve in order to accept that we have been created  in the image of a greater power....

We assume to know when the 10 commandments were written but do we remember why, when or by whom the script around the commandments were written? Remember the reason after the Jews were freed for those to be then lost for 40 years left to wander the deserts. What happened as a result of those 40 years?

My view and opinion is, in order for those words to play a role of greater shared relevance today we need to understand them as they were written in the time they were written; then apply them to all of the 40 year cycles that have expired since.

Personally my experience with Christians that walk the talk has been humbling regardless of where they come from or the particular sect. The light they carry seems to me to be genuine. 

"If we could get rid of the desire for power, more than what we've been given, there could be peace in this world. "

Another that I just don't seem to understand: if one has the power to hurt or make harm to others then it must be that the harmed individual also has the power to stand and reverse or counter, if it is as is said, we already  have what was given and what we need. 

"So why the desire for more? Power!!"

That is an easy one: because some need others to bring what they have to help us in times of need.

"One day soon we will all be ruled by those who control all the wealth. Gonna be interesting how that all plays out."

I do not believe that man is designed to be ruled. Lead yes. A ruler tends to strip our will to become more than we began life with. That may work for a while true but, a quick read thru history reminds us that tomorrow belongs to us if we choose to power up.

Yaknow Carl you can ask me anything anytime but first I was wondering if Marca is free this Sunday? I suddenly have an urge to go to Church ;)

Not too long ago there was this nonsense going around  about AIDS being god's will (remember) Then this little guy from N.Y. with big glasses began a to stir about the facts - claiming it was a virus.. Now at first some people tried to denounce him but he persisted and, some in power provided him with the means to follow thru and then, burdened him with a position of power. Can't quite remember his name a Dr. A. F....?  Anyways last I heard he was back in the frying pan attempting to figure out this Covid 19 stuff. Think he's in his 80's? Now what drives a guy like that, why not just say I've done enough, let someone else take the disrespectful comments, threats and knocking around. Some people EH just have to give all they got.

What a crazy year we have just come thru :think: IMHO

On 1/15/2021 at 4:35 PM, BlueSky said:

My county has been getting sporadic doses of the covid vaccine.  The priority 1B folks (over 75) are eligible now and I called when I was noified a week or so ago and couldn't get through until all of it was gone.  Today I was able to schedule a shot for this Sunday through the hospital's web site.  It's going to be the Pfizer vaccine.  Hope it works.  The last flu shot I got over 30 years ago gave me the worst case of the flu I could have ever imagined about 3 weeks after the shot....

The flu shot only protects against the strains of the virus that are included in the vaccine. 30 years ago, most likely, vaccines for each season were not developed as they are now. For the last 7 years I have been vaccinated against the flu every year and have never had the flu since the first vaccination. Therefore, your experience is rather an exception and cannot be an argument in 2021, since medicine has made great strides forward over 3 decades.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, KayBur said:

The flu shot only protects against the strains of the virus that are included in the vaccine. 30 years ago, most likely, vaccines for each season were not developed as they are now. For the last 7 years I have been vaccinated against the flu every year and have never had the flu since the first vaccination. Therefore, your experience is rather an exception and cannot be an argument in 2021, since medicine has made great strides forward over 3 decades.

I don't know how they make the vaccine now but I think back then, they injected you with a "dead" or "weakened" virus.  Anyhow, I'm convinced the vaccine gave me that terrible bout of the flu back then.  Mistakes are made.  It's that simple. 

I did get the first Pfizer vaccine yesterday.  Seems to be going okay so far.  

3 hours ago, BlueSky said:

I don't know how they make the vaccine now but I think back then, they injected you with a "dead" or "weakened" virus.  Anyhow, I'm convinced the vaccine gave me that terrible bout of the flu back then.  Mistakes are made.  It's that simple. 

It is possible as you say, I've not heard of any vaccine that claims a 100% score. From what we hear these days some have side effects and for some people its not recommended. That said me thinks we need to take the leap to move forward gain.

In Canada the feds have been very helpful supporting the population including business of all sizes. But this is going to build a terrible debt burden. Before we know it their going to  to bring in another G.S.T. which was originally brought to pay our debt back in 91...!!! Of course after paying it off they got to enjoy the general revenue so much that the gov decided to keep it on our behalf, yaknow like for a rainy day Come to think about it they do have a new tax "A Carbon Tax" but likely they'll think we won't equate it to what they already have so expecting a darker filter on intelligence soon :canada:

Yep, governments reducing tax revenue is a rare event indeed.  Reducing spending never happens.

Okay, the latest in my covid saga is that my wife went back to work a couple months ago to an office where many other people work.  One guy's wife caught the virus.  Now, another guy has it.  She was feeling poorly all weekend and is feeling worse today and is going to be tested as we speak.  Crapola! 

Edited by BlueSky

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2021 at 3:46 PM, BlueSky said:

Right! Modern vaccines use a weakened virus, and 25 years ago they used live viruses. And then a variety of complications did arise after the administration of the drug. Modern vaccines are very easily tolerated.

I already posted this but obviously I missed a sent key.

I can now post to this topic as I got my Moderna vaccine on Monday.  Absolutely no issues at all (not even a sore arm).  In four weeks I get the second but I will still be cautious.  I never thought about whether or not to get it due to many health issues going back nearly forty years with lymphoma (they took my spleen out because of this).  Two colon surgeries and a heart attack in Novvember of 2019.  And two pulminary embolisms thrown i n for fun.  I would reccomend getting the vaccine especially if you have had or are having health issues.