IGNORED

Fuse box cover for 1989 Venture Royale - need one

I have an '89 Venture Royale.....  working to put it on the road again.  The main fuse box (near the battery) needs a cover (I will try to attached a picture of what I have).  Are there any ready sources out there and/or does anybody have one?  Thanks

fusebox.JPG

I may have one. I will need to check. If I do its yours. you may have to pay some postage.

On another note most of us replace the box with one of these.

https://www.amazon.ca/Electop-Negative-Waterproof-Protection-Automotive/dp/B0838TZ2Z2/ref=sr_1_7?crid=2KKCQQSMX9XLL&dchild=1&keywords=mini+fuse+block&qid=1608593946&sprefix=mini+fuse+block%2Caps%2C178&sr=8-7

• Like 1

It would be a better choice to replace that fuse box with a new one as suggested above. This old one loose tension on the fuses and end up with loose connections. I had that issue in my 89 and after replacing it with the blade fuse type, no more issues.  Just something to think about as you hate to have issue when you miles away from home.

Rick F.

Ha Ha....I wish I knew how to link to it, but I did a write up that got saved into to 1Gen Tech Section. It’s about how to change to a blade style fuse box.....was pretty inexpensive and fairly easy. Also, If I remember correctly, a member Skydoc Kosloske sell a kit.

Merry Christmas!
Pat

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2020 at 7:47 AM, saddlebum said:

I may have one. I will need to check. If I do its yours. you may have to pay some postage.

On another note most of us replace the box with one of these.

https://www.amazon.ca/Electop-Negative-Waterproof-Protection-Automotive/dp/B0838TZ2Z2/ref=sr_1_7?crid=2KKCQQSMX9XLL&dchild=1&keywords=mini+fuse+block&qid=1608593946&sprefix=mini+fuse+block%2Caps%2C178&sr=8-7

We'll be working on uncle's new Venture Royale project after we finished installing the suspension from 4Wheelonline on the truck this week. Guess he'll need that replacement box for the bike.