IGNORED

Because we are an inquisitive bunch

Patch

Back in 79 I began working working on transmitters along the nato circuit. Some of the stories they would tell us rookies were things like "cook your eggs, skin peeling, loss of hair, and you only get one chance at falling) lol

Overall that job was a belling for me as it changed my life in many ways. This year Norm my very good friend and climbing partner past away from a very aggressive brain cancer topped off during recovery with covid 19. Now to be fair Norm also had been exposed to industrial chemicals much more than I.

I on the other hand have been on the hill of melanoma since the age of 25. No history of that in the family yet... So I was advised to always wear a shirt in the sun, which I have done till this year. Looks like I have managed to stay a step ahead of the disease having just removed one tumor this year and likely one more coming off my hip down the road. But if I pause and think yah I may have removed my shirt prior too when working in the hot swamps or climbing on breathless days, but my pants nope.

Standing in front of a  transmitter that crosses oceans from what they educated us as a safe distance was not the same as standing in an open field... There kind of a vib you feel in your upper body. Around 83/84 they began building and installing microwave towers and transmitters throughout the circuit which coincided  with a couple of accidents I was recovering from I decided to finish my term out on the old technology  some of which dated back to WII.

Here we go again 5G networks being argued for all kinds of reason but I was totally ignorant to what Sabine covers in the video below.

• Like 1

FWIW

I have a Medtronics pacemaker. My pacemaker was manufactured and installed before 5G was invented.

Medtronics, one of, if not the biggest maker of pacemakers has let me know that I should keep my pacemaker away from 5G, and recommends that I do not use a 5G phone. That is all the encouragement I need to stay away from 5G.

Edited by Flyinfool
  • Like 1

Profit before people.  And as long as some of that profit finds its way into the pockets of corruptible politicians via campaign donations and sweetheart deals for their family, we can expect this type of thing to continue.  The human race is doomed by greed.

And I say that as a die-hard, free-market capitalist.

• Like 1

Interesting stuff,  wonder how many  "ya but's" we'll be reeducated on? Or the very small % of people that will be effected by...And  their yet to make arguments on how it won't matter because the data speeds matter more than the people the data is produced for or from.

Wouldn't it be nice to just blindly trust Captains of industry and our politicians globally like they do on distant planets :think:

Because we need to watch the plethora of useless youtube/tiktok/instagram/snapchat/facebook/twitter cartoons in 4k resolution anywhere, everywhere and any time we want, right?    That's what the captains would have us believe.  Nonsense.

5G is a solution in search of a problem.   How many people spend any amount of time in a given day saying "if only I had more bandwidth on my cell phone!"? 

5G is the ultimate, if you build it they will come, fantasy.   Other than teenagers, people I know want to be "less connected", not more.  And even the teens don't ask for more bandwidth, what they have is already more than they need.

I would love to be less connected overall but I chose my career in IT. It is important for me to be able to connect back to the office anytime, anywhere and speed does matter. I have a 5G phone and will be one of the first guinea pigs. On a positive note now that I am more management than tech I may only need to be on the phone to the team to get issues corrected quickly.  

• Like 1