IGNORED

Death Wobble FYI

saddlebum

It is at 5:05 in the above video and was mentioned on their RADIAL tire for the FJR ( Not the 777 series we use ) and he did not bother to mention which series of tire he was talking about.  It is vague blanket-comments like his, in his video, that is what is wrong with this country today. Nothing in this video would apply to Shinko tires used on the Venture or RSV.  At best it would only apply to front radial tires in 17" sizes of you own another bike that used them.

Edited by Du-Rron
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Du-Rron said:

It is at 5:05 in the above video and was mentioned on their RADIAL tire for the FJR ( Not the 777 series we use ) and he did not bother to mention which series of tire he was talking about.  It is vague blanket-comments like his, in his video, that is what is wrong with this country today. Nothing in this video would apply to Shinko tires used on the Venture or RSV.  At best it would only apply to front radial tires in 17" sizes of you own another bike that used them.

I was not sure what tire model he was referring too, only that he mentioned Shinko. I agree with your reference about a blanket comment but at the same time, thought I should  draw attention to it just in case it was something that should be looked into if one is considering buying the tire. Better safe than sorry.

True...Shinko has several type of tires.  On this matter, Shinko 777 is the only one I know that owners use on their RSV including me as far as Shinko tire is concerned.  I appreciate the information gained from the video and yet there are several factors that can cause 'the death wobble'.  I have not experience this on my RSV so far, so I guess I don't have a bad batch of the Shinko tire that is referred to in the video.  In which case, we always have to be aware of the unexpected and try to control the things that we can control like tire pressure, proper maintenance of your bike and riding habits to name a few.  There is so much to read and watch online and I continue to learn something new from fellow riders everyday.  Ride Safe.