IGNORED

2021 WNY Rally dates

RDawson

The results are in.

There are a number of reasons for me to cancel my involvement in the organization of this event.

1) I will probably not be able to attend.

2) Not sure where the covid thing might be at any given point in time.

3) Niagara Shores is turning down events for the same weekend and we have no idea how many will come to pay their bills, so they want us to make a decision, can't say as I blame them.

4) Only 6 riders indicated interest, and 2 of those were Canadian, and the border might still be closed.

Hopefully we can re-enjoy next year.

I'm going to miss this eh!!!

I am not surprised as I too was thinking this is not going to happen this year with what is going on so I too will be dropping out. May as well do it now than wait to the last minute and lead every one on. I sure am going to hate missing this event for the second year in a row because if its one thing I looked forward to every year was the WNY rally. I know @BIG TOMis going to be devastated not seeing me me for the second year in a row and I hate to do it to him knowing what a sensitive guy he is but sadly it just can't be helped.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

it's really too bad we couldn't get the rally going this year, maybe it is really too much for one or two people to try to handle, maybe we should go back to a committee.....IDK, just a thought.

we had a lot of fun and really enjoyed meeting all of you.  I am really hoping we can get back on track for next year.....COVID BE DAMNED!!

I also think we need a better way of contacting people since I only just now saw that a rally was even being thought of for this year.  

Hope you all have a safe and full riding season, take care & God bless. Tiger Lilley & Star Gazer Lilley

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Tiger Lilley said:

it's really too bad we couldn't get the rally going this year, maybe it is really too much for one or two people to try to handle, maybe we should go back to a committee.....IDK, just a thought.

we had a lot of fun and really enjoyed meeting all of you.  I am really hoping we can get back on track for next year.....COVID BE DAMNED!!

I also think we need a better way of contacting people since I only just now saw that a rally was even being thought of for this year.  

Hope you all have a safe and full riding season, take care & God bless. Tiger Lilley & Star Gazer Lilley

Hey!! Thanks for your input. The real issue here, the one that broke the camels back was that Niagara Shores wanted\needed a definite head count much earlier than expected, either on our part or their part. We were to have until June 15th to complete the booking, but they were turning down lots of business for the week already. We could not assure them that we would fulfill our ideas and they are in the position of having to scrape every available dollar that they could,,,, and seeing as this covid thing is such a moving target, I had to pull the plug.

Yes a committee might be a way to go and I'm open to ALL ideas and volunteers. I don't even need to be a boss or leader or head.

All good conversation, carry on.

• Like 1