IGNORED

2021 WNY Rally dates

RDawson

I guess and am guessing, but the decision was to keep it at the same week as we had this year, but the powers that be keep moving the calendar dates around so each year a new decision needs to be made. It will move only one day dates this year, to July 15th thru 18th.

Thanks Carl, I went ahead and ASS-U-MEd the dates and laid claim to that weekend. Now I just hope it works out, with the Covid crap going on and the fact we’ve been chronically short staffed they’re not letting us plan vacation time over two weeks in advance. I also claimed the Vogel weekend. 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Only 7 month to go can't wait.  Hey big tom maybe this time you will stay on the bad side of the tracks. Cause you know we did have the best view. Hopefully  everyone will be able to make it this year. Missed seeing everyone last year. Hope we will have some more of that pms cake that was made this year. Dave and Ernie did a great job feeding us.

• 2 weeks later...

I talked to Ernie to set the dates. I will confirm with him availability of that week. He has a lot of advance booking for this year. Give me a day or two to get these dates confirmed.  He did tell me that no payment will be due at booking , but  FULL payment will be due ONE WEEK prior to the rally. Also he got rid of the company that was doing on line bookings... they were messing up the bookings. He will take care of the bookings himself and I will give you his cell no. as soon as I confirm the dates. Bare with me..

• Like 1

On 1/6/2021 at 9:46 PM, Marcarl said:

Spoke to Ernie today, owner of Niagara Shores.

Date is set for July 15th thru 18th

More info will be posted in the coming times.

Keep your eyes open to hear the all news, news.

Can we call and reserve? Are we getting a discount? Did you put it on the calendar?

3 hours ago, RockinRobin said:

Can we call and reserve? Are we getting a discount? Did you put it on the calendar?

Wow,,, don't rush me, I said,,,,,,,,,,,something,,, what did I say,,, can't remember now.

Ernie was very busy last week, he said it would be this week for more info. Hopefully then by the weekend.

Yeah I know this is off topic but a question for all y’all in the area. Watching the Science Channel I just saw the story of the Kinzua Bridge collapse, we like to see historic sites and are considering detouring over to see it. 300’ high and a glass floor is something right up my alley, my wife not so much. Anybody up there have opinions on taking time to see the park and are there other attractions nearby?

Ron:

I have been to the Kinzua Bridge twice in the last 6 years and it is about a 3 to 3 1/2 hour ride from Niagara Shores Campground.  About 130 to 140 miles depending on route.  It is worth seeing, quite spectacular to see the bridge lying in the valley.  The glass floor is nice to look thru.  There is a new visitors center there and it tells the history of the area and the coal industry.  I camp in the area when I go there as it is quite a long ride for me( I live only 40 miles from Niagara Shores Campground).  I do not know of other attractions in the area, as I have not really looked in the area other than to visit the Bridge.  My guess is it would be a long day ride for you.  Maybe spend an overnite there on the way to the Rally or on the way home to KY??  Lots of info on Google about the Bridge.

Jim 

2014-09-20_14-05-37_820.jpg

2014-09-20_13-53-26_967.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BIG TOM said:

Carl, how do you  put your guest down for the rally ? Do you plan to put this on the calendar ? Do you have a number for reservations ?  Inquiring minds want to know..

Yep!!! just noticed that as I checked, got the boss on it I hope.

Will not be attending this year. we have attended or work at every rally since joining VR in 2010 and have enjoyed everyone of them and very much enjoy the company of everyone of you who have attended. We have decided to spend some time this year traveling the country as much as possible. covid has shown us that life is short. we will see all of you at the next rally, or maybe another VR rally. We would very much like to see other members set up their own rally so we can gather somewhere other then NY. stay safe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Time is moving on, and we need to know if there is interest in the Niagara Shores Rally. The spot is right on Lake Ontario.

If you have interest to attend, then please indicate that on the calendar, so that we have some sort of an idea.

I know the covid thing has most of us wondering what July will bring, but we do need to plan a little.

So please do your thing.