IGNORED

MY TALL VENTURE

larrydr

Check all motor vehicle regulations before beginning

THE OWNER OR INSTALLER ASSUMES ALL RISK AND LIABILITY

DO THE MATH OF A LEVER SYSTEM BEFORE YOU START THIS DOES WORK

This operation should be performed by a certified shop

Before beginning set the rear shock to the lowest setting

You can drop the bike ( 1 3/8  inches )by bringing the pin of the shock lever mount under the rear swing arm 1/2 inch lower .

This bring up the rear wheel about 1 3/8 inch up , and will lower the bike

Install a 120/70 R 18 tire in the front  , rear tire 150 / 70 R16  ,,tire pressure should be maintained at 40 psi

This will give you 5 1/2 inches of room above the rear wheel

Front fork  pressure 20 psi plus is required to make the lever work  ( this equalize the level of the bike )

Depending on operator weight set rear shock pressure 20 psi ( higher psi will raise the bike )

You will have to shorten the side stand 1 inch , if you so not shorten the side stand the bike may fall to the right.

Take one inch of the top of the seat

This change will let anyone being  5ft 6 inches tall put the feet flat on the ground

Overall the bike will be 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 inches lower

• Thanks 1

Also anyone considering lowering their bike should keep in mind the bridging effect of different wheel base lengths, when you lower the bike you also reduce the amount of clearance the center of the bike has when passing over humps and the longer the wheel base of any bike the more you reduce this hump clearance. So on that note keep in mind the venture has a very long wheel base. In other words the longer the wheel base the quicker a bike will bottom out going over a hump.

I have noticed a ground clearance after the bike has been lowered is 4 1/2 inches .

By adding more air pressure with the on board compressor to the rear shock the bike with lift up to a maximum of 7 inches of ground clearance

If the installer does not move the original mounting hole , the procedure can be reversed putting the bike back to it's original high by moving the shock lever bolt back to the original spot

The bike will then be back to the original factory location and height .

To reverse procedure takes about 30 minutes

I lowered the forks in the front triple tree and that worked well for me on the 2ng Gen. Also if I understand rite when lowering the back you have to move the rear caliper with some kind of bracket because it hits the swing arm or something.