IGNORED

Need some Opinions. Tour Deluxe

Ok, I just got a 2005 Royal Star Tour Deluxe about 4 months ago.  I have about 20 years of overall riding experience.  I had a Dyna Wide Glide about 10 years ago and had to sell.  I bought the RSTD to get back in riding.   I am retired and love to ride but its been a while.  I am handling the bike ok but at my older age [62] I can sure feel the weight vs the Dyna.   A whole new experience for sure.   The RSTD weighs in at about 855 wet.  The Honda is about 150 pds lighter.  Ok, here is my question.   I have a guy who wants to trade an 2007 Honda Shadow 1100 sabre for my bike.   Concerning the deal, on NADA the bikes are listed average price about the same.    Two questions,,,,   1.  Would you consider the trade or just get used to the heavier bike?   2.  If I were to trade, both bikes in good shape, would you expect a little cash along with the trade overall.  

Thanks for your help. I know this is more of a opinion question but any thoughts would be appreciated.  

Some go to a 130 front tire or lower the front to make the bike feel lighter at low speeds. Some raise the rear for the same reason. The RSTD comfort level is hard to beat but you have to ride your ride. Ride em both and see which one makes you smile wider. 

Give the Tour Deluxe a little more time and you'll get used to the weight.  At 62 you are still young (I'm 61 and ride a 2009 RSV).  I wouldn't consider going back to the '99 Virago 1100SE after riding the RSV - before I sold it I took the Virago for a ride and it felt like a toy.