IGNORED

Something new for the stable...

Condor

In 2013 I picked up my Titan in an auction.  I love that truck... however one thing I've had a problem with is the 5'6" bed.  Put a sack of groceries in it and there ain't much room left..  This morning I cured the problem.  I now have room to spare.  A Chevy 1 ton Extended Van..  Bought it off a retiring electrical contractor.  It's a '98  with 150K on the ODO.  Runs great, and doesn't look like a '98.  The guy was a fanatic when it came to his vehicles.  I used to have a '98 Suburban and it served me well.  Gave it to one of my grandsons...  Hope this one serves me just as well.... 

https://d278yjzsv5tla9.cloudfront.net/user_images2/346688_1621431.jpg

Thanks Dave..Hope I will.  Can't pick it up until next Wed 'cause of all this Covid BS.  Calling in the AM to make an appoint..  It's down in Stockton and a buddy is driving me there, and hopefully we can find a place to grab lunch.  Gov Neusance has just placed a 3 week lock down on some of the surrounding counties,,,  Grrr!!

Well got'r home this morning...  I didn't drive it, but a buddy did.  We stopped for lunch and he was impressed.  He stated it rode great and didn't feel like a 1-ton...and no issues.  Once home I did run into a couple, but nothing earth shaking.. Mostly light bulbs, and a drivers inside door panel.  That may be a problem.  I called 4-5 local wrecking yards and got a big Nada...  Looks like the hunt begins...  Pulling big stuff was my intention With a couple of big boats, and some heavy trailers...  And I'm thinking of doing a ride-about next summer.It will probably be the last time I'll have a chance to do something like this due to getting old and crotchety...  My wife and I circumnavigated (whew!! big word..) the US back around '95..  Looking to maybe doing it solo again..  Taking a couple months and visiting family and friends...  Rigging the van as an RV sleeper with porta potty, and airbed etc should work??  The back end of this thing is huge!!  Anyway it's a bucket list plan...

• Like 2

Try checking with some of the up-fitters. Often they take the truck boxes off new or even barely used trucks to replace them with different body's. For example converting them into a catering truck or emergency vehicle or replacing them with a tool box body for service vehicles. Often they have a yard full of truck body's they have removed.

Edited by saddlebum