IGNORED

Please Pray for skydoc_17!

skydoc_17

15 hours ago, Sylvester said:

Very sorry to miss this.  I was admitted on 12/10 for a blockded colon and missed all the  activity on the sight.  Still in the hospital due to the nature of the issue, but hope to be discharged tomorrow.  I pray for Eaerl's fast recovery.

Prayers for you as well brother, may your healing be expedient and complete. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

First off, I wanted to thank each and everyone for your prayers and well wishes for both Jean and myself. I can't tell you how much it meant to us, especially right after the surgery when it was touch and go there for a while. The next thing I wanted to say is I am VERY grateful to be ALIVE today! This all started on December the 6th of last year. My left leg had been going numb off and on over the last year and it had finally gotten to the point where one day it went numb, and the feeling never returned. I thought I was looking at a hip replacement, my doctor was skeptical. He sent me for an MRI anyway. The report came back that afternoon and my hip joint was in excellent condition, but the doctor found a rather large aneurysm at the base of my Aorta, and I had zero blood flow to my left leg, and only 40% blood flow to my right leg. I was called at work the next morning, and was TOLD that I needed to get to the hospital for a CT Scan ASAP! At that point, this stopped sounding like a hip replacement, and more like something much worse! I left work at 10am, got the CT Scan and met with the best Cardiac Surgeon in the area. He gave me two options, pop a couple stents in the Femoral Leg Arteries and hope the aneurysm doesn't explode for like the rest of my life, or sigh up for a legit Triple Bypass. Now overall, I'm in pretty decent health. NO heart disease, I'm not Diabetic, and I stopped smoking about 10 years ago. If I address this issue in a timely manner, I could have another 20 years left in me, maybe more. The lure of the stents was a very quick recovery. I talked it over with Jean, and decided to go for the Triple Bypass. I have attached some pics below. I haven't really been out to the shop since I have been home. Jean, of course has been watching me like a hawk. I am currently receiving at home PT, and am working on the going to the bathroom issue. It seems like my stomach has forgotten where my butt is for the time being! LOL!! On a brighter note, the feeling in my left leg is about 90% restored. I am now able to walk farther than I have been able to in over a year which is wonderful news!

Thank you again for the prayers and well wishes, It meant a lot to me!

Earl and Jean.

20201212_185143.jpg

20201215_154544.jpg

20201215_154601.jpg

20201215_154616.jpg

20201215_154630.jpg

20201215_155758.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1