IGNORED

Sena 20s and Hardwired Connection To RSV

BratmanXj

I'm researching a com system that does everything I need and hoping someone here might be able to verify and/or clarify what I'm finding.  My 6yr has been riding with me for 2 years on the Ural sidecar rig and now that he's big enough also on the back of the Venture.  The wife &I have wired headsets for the Venture, so the kid this year has gotten accustom to being able to chat with me.  When he's riding with me to the family cottage we keep in touch with the wife via CB so I don't want to abandon the bikes features. 

I'd like to get a set of Sena 20s bluetooth intercoms for use on the Ural and possibly dirt-bikes that are in the near future, with multiple helmet clamps across various setups.  It is my understanding that the Sena can HARDWIRE into the Harley/Venture 5-pin setup with the following kit:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JUXP9SK/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So with a set of 20s: https://www.amazon.com/Sena-Motorcycle-Bluetooth-Communication-System/dp/B0736L8WCS/ref=sr_1_12?dchild=1&keywords=sena+s20&qid=1606534767&sr=8-12

I can run bluetooth communication on the other bikes, then hardwire into the Venture and use its intercom/CB/Radio with the same in-helmet speakers?

• 2 weeks later...

I had to attach a sidecar and I had a 5 pin extension wire made that I could plug into the passenger plug and the take it over to the sidecar and plug the passenger in.

Don't know if that what you had in mine but was in expensive and works great.

Labill

On 12/5/2020 at 10:31 PM, labill said:

Forgot.  When the dogs ride with us I can unplug the extension and the wife can use it.  The dogs don't like headsets.

labill

We need to figure out how to add Google Translate to their headsets so they can understand us!

I ended up finding a YouTube review from a Goldwing guy who uses Sena 20s AND the wired connection to his 2016 Goldwing.  It explained that the helmet speakers can be used with BOTH the the 20s or 30k Bluetooth and utilize all the on-board features of the bike with the wired connection.  So I have a set of 30k on order for my Christmas present and will report back when I get the cable connection to use with the Venture.  Now the kiddo and I can stay connected on both bikes and I don't completely abandon the Ventures on-board features or have to spend $500 on setting up the bike with FreeWire boxes for rider & passenger.