IGNORED

Anyone running a 130 front tire?

8 hours ago, RoTorKev said:

As the title states, wondering if anyone is running or has run a 130 front tire on their RSV. Do you (did you) like it, and do you recommend it?

thanks

I think everybody runs a 130 on the front and likes it very well.  I do.

• Like 1

I changed out the stock 150/80-16 tire for a 130/90-16 tire last tire change and it handles a little better at slower speeds but I think the 150 did just a little better at highway speeds.  This tire has about 12K on it now, the difference to me was not enough to go out of may way to get one over the other. 

• Like 1

I switched from a factory sized 150 to a 130 last summer.

This is how the bike should handle, IMO. It is a little more prone to wind shear, particularly when leaned over in a sweeper, but it's not so bad that it makes me regret the incredible improvement in low speed handling - both precision and lightness of feeling at the bars.

• Like 1

Had the 130 on my 2007 RSV for 6 years and would never go back. The difference in low speed handling and lightness of the steering in twisties is nothing short of amazing. In a high cross wind the 150 makes the bike feel like it is solid and only requires on hand on the bars. Same wind with 130 front and it takes two hands. Riding with 150 and hands off I was able to ride for miles without touching the bars, with 130 I need to keep one hand on the bars ( which I should be anyway! ) One time when my wife was on the back I rested one elbow on her knee like usual on long freeway stretches. This time after a few minutes  ( when I had the 150) I rested my other elbow on her other knee - no hands. Took her about 10 seconds to communicate her displeasure, but the bike was tracking like a Tesla on autopilot. When riding solo, I would be hands off for long periods. Not so at all with the 130.

With the 150 front at the end of 30 miles of twisties your arms will be pumped. with the 130- at the end of 30 miles of twisties you will be wanting more twisties.

IMHO

VentureFar...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...