IGNORED

It is about that time,,,,,AGAIN.

Flyinfool

I went in for my pre op Covid test this morning. Tuesday is lights out for some pretty major foot surgery. Well the surgery its self is not that major, about 2 hours, but the recovery will be. With some luck I may get to put a shoe on by March. The short version is they will almost be cutting the foot off and screwing it back on where it is supposed to be at the end of my leg.

Disclaimers.......

I do plan to be online Tuesday night after the surgery, I may still be half under so I will not be responsible for any strange things that flow out the ends of my fingers and into the keyboard. I also will not be responsible if someone laughs so hard they spew all over their keyboard and/or monitor.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, uncledj said:

Best of luck to ya...heal fast...At least you picked a good time to have it done.

At least I get to sit in the living room where it is nice and warm and watch the better half out there doing the shoveling of SNOW for a change.......:sign20:

• Haha 2

Carl

Yes Teddy is close, Nurses are also in teddies.....and closer....To close for the focal length of my camera, sorry, you will just have to stop over for a visit to meet them.

Orlin

I guess I used plan 3, I switched on the snow machine before I went in and never tightened down the nozzles so it can just spin at random until I get better.

Following Drs orders is never any fun, but it is always something I do to the letter. I ain't spending all that money for a professional opinion and then not heed it.

5 hours ago, Flyinfool said:

Carl

Yes Teddy is close, Nurses are also in teddies.....and closer....To close for the focal length of my camera, sorry, you will just have to stop over for a visit to meet them.

Orlin

I guess I used plan 3, I switched on the snow machine before I went in and never tightened down the nozzles so it can just spin at random until I get better.

Following Drs orders is never any fun, but it is always something I do to the letter. I ain't spending all that money for a professional opinion and then not heed it.

Remember as far as Drs go, they don't call it practice for nothin'. You know yourself far better than they do an you need to push to get better. All Drs I know want you to stay home from work and sit around, I'm not that type. 

I had a run in with a table saw ~20 years ago. I'll keep it short but I missed 1 day of work right after it happened and 1 day after surgery to repair most of the damage. I feel this really helped me mentally as well as physically. I'm and IT guy so I can work with 1 hand if necessary and was not putting my well being at risk although but the Dr thought differently. First day of physical Therapy they were testing mobility and strength. Therapist ask what I was doing and besides work I was rubbing the palm of my hand on my steering wheel - constantly. She called the Dr into the room and said we're done no more therapy needed. Dr gave me a little grief and then said well done. He was a nationally know surgeon specializing in repairing nerves in the hand. Actually did a paper on my hand because my wife had take pictures all along the way. I talked to him about 5 years later and he now recommends Grip, Squeeze and Rotate like I did on the steering wheel using whatever to grip on. Got a chuckle out of it. I had to replace that steering wheel after a year and I still find myself doing this occasionally. 

Jeez Jeff if I had only kept up with the forum news I would offered to tap out the words for you!

Jeff be mindful of this healing period, you're older than you tend to behave.

I've lived with a draw ankle for most of my life. When they were putting my top half back together in the early 80's they suggested I get the ankle done as well, "NO WAY" I replied. My old man went thru that in 68 yuck!

I'll be posting some warpdrive theory for your consideration and input. Maybe it will help us get home some day:think:

Pretty sure the eastern folks won't mind if you share some pain thru a snow fall/storm if it helps the pain some.