IGNORED

RSV ride today - Finally!

videoarizona

Last March, I brought the RSV to Phoenix so my buddy and I could ride through the Spring through Fall... Hitting the mountains and enjoying weekends on the road. Covid put an end to that.

A few weeks ago, i started the bike up and fuel poured out the overflows. Went through the basics but nothing worked. Mind you I've been running her at least once a month since March. Running fine.

This week I broke down and took the carbs off. Actually, after reading @V7Goose's  older article about removing carbs and another that @Freebird posted from an earlier member... The process was simple!! Yea.... Seriously. 

Took the carbs out, cleaned the carbs, bowls, jets... Checked the gas in tank, fuel lines and replaced fuel filter. Replaced plugs as well.

Thought we had it done but after 10 minutes or so of running very well... fuel poured out the left overflow. Took the tank and air stuff off... Started her up... And she ran fine... No overflow.  What?

Put her back together last night.Went for a long ride today.... City riding, country and freeway... Hitting 80mph. 

Not one issue. 

Have to conclude the problem was some gunk got in one of the carbs and took a while to work it's way out. 

For the record, the full gas tank had Stabil and Techron in it since March. 

BTW, I set the floats at 9mm and the pilots at 2.5. Pilots were at 2.25 and she was always cold blooded. So a touch more fuel I thought would help. It did.

My thanks to @cowpuc for his help and his encouragement! Besides helping me stay on track, he gave me extra ideas to ponder and check out as I went through the carbs. This forum and it's members have once again proven their worth!!

Sorry no pictures... We were to busy CTFW!!

David

P.S. Dont fear pulling the carbs on the 2nd gen. Read the two articles, both in the 2nd gen maintenance section. The pictures and explanations are perfect. 

Edited by videoarizona
Tag
  • Like 6