IGNORED

Brewing with Brewer's Edge Mash & Boil with Pump

luvmy40

1690668015_mashandboil1.thumb.jpg.597cfd7f281119d45fb34d863b1701b8.jpg

I'm sure I've posted other beer brewing topics here in the past. I've been home brewing for many years but have not brewed regularly for a few years. Mostly because my system was cumbersome and time consuming in clean up. I could do 10 gallon, high gravity batches but my brew day was 6-8 hours per batch.

I just picked up a Brewer's Edge Mash and Boil with Pump system. It's a lautering Tun and boil kettle in one set up. Now, instead of having a hot liquor tank, mash tun, and boil kettle with separate heating sources that took up 10 feet of counter space and a good bit of floor space, my 5 gallon brew setup fits on a 2'x3' table.

This is my first brew with the new setup and, so far all is well!

Edited by luvmy40
  • Like 3

Brewing is a skill.  The more you do it, the better you will be.  One basic skill comes to mind...."The Skill of Listening.  It is not what you want to brew, it's about what the customer/friends wants to drink."  Mike Alcorn.  :beersign:

Nice set up Luvmy40.

I've been brewing for about ten years. 5 gallon batches with a gravity feed system cart I built.

I just roll it out of the shed on brew day. Brew day is about 6+/- hours including cleanup.

I brew what I like. Don't sell any, that's illegal. 

If my friend's like it their welcome to enjoy. I've neve had any thing but rave reviews on my beer. It's all anybody want's to drink at our gatherings.

I started brewing about 12 years ago, IIRC. I picked up a kit at e Renny Fair my wife and daughter were working and down the rabbit whole I went. One stove top extract batch in bottles and the next run was all grain and kegged. I'll never bottle again!

There for a while I was brewing every weekend, but life got in the way. I started my own business and the free time to brew disappeared. Now that I have a little free time again, I decided to get back into brewing. This Brewer's Edge Mash and Boil with Pump works well and definitely simplifies the brew day. It didn't really shorten the day but that may havemore to do with being rusty than anything else. The process is certainly more stream lined and there is something to be said for not transfering all that water by hand. The electronic temp control is fantastic too. Clean up was still about the same, though the grain sleeve was much easier to clean than my 30 gal. mash tun.

I, too brew what I like. If anyone wants to sample they are welcome. 

BTW, the Imperial Red is bubbling away nicely this morning!

Edited by luvmy40

On 11/22/2020 at 2:47 PM, luvmy40 said:

I'm sure I've posted other beer brewing topics here in the past. I've been home brewing for many years but have not brewed regularly for a few years. Mostly because my system was cumbersome and time consuming in clean up. I could do 10 gallon, high gravity batches but my brew day was 6-8 hours per batch.

I just picked up a Brewer's Edge Mash and Boil with Pump system. It's a lautering Tun and boil kettle in one set up. Now, instead of having a hot liquor tank, mash tun, and boil kettle with separate heating sources that took up 10 feet of counter space and a good bit of floor space, my 5 gallon brew setup fits on a 2'x3' table.

This is my first brew with the new setup and, so far all is well!

I brewed for a while 25 years ago.  Gave up on bottling after a few batches.  Bought 5 gallon soda kegs and hooked up CO2 canisters to pressurize them, worked great.  Then I met my wife and.......

• 4 weeks later...

So, I have been in Tampa and Nashville for the last couple of weeks so I am a bit late racking the Imperial Red Ale to keg. Its nice and clear with great, malty body. It's going to fantastic once carbonated. 

Unfortunately, I missed my initial gravity so it's not technically an imperial. 6.26% ABV