IGNORED

Nothing on Front Left Brake

Hi guys. Before we get to the obvious: yes I know this is a unified system and I understand how that works. 

Here’s where I am on my 1984. I had to replace a frozen rear caliper. No issue. Went to bleed the system starting at front left anti-dive, and there was nothing there. No air pressure, no fluid, nothing when I press the pedal. Same at front left caliper bleed screw. Nothing. So just to check, I was able to bleed the rear caliper like normal, no issue.

I pulled the front hose banjo fitting off the rear master cylinder and confirmed fluid and pressure when I pump.

So, the question is why am I getting nothing to my front left with a good master cylinder? And how do I fix it? 

thanks

Thanks guys. That TSB is way more helpful than the factory service manual I have. Found that flare nut, and it is very very round... Any other things I can try to get fluid up and over the fork line, or am I going to have to take this fairing off and put a visegrip on the flare nut? 

Ha. You know what it was? The banjo fitting hole was gunked up at the metering valve. Removed the hose and took a dremel wire wheel to the inside of the banjo fitting then shot some air through it and now we are back in business. 

One more thing to check. It is fairly common on these bikes to delink the brakes.

Check to be sure the previous owner has not disconnected the left front brake and or connected the left front to the hand brake master.

If everything is still connected in a stock configuration then you may have to get the vice grips onto the nut at the top of the hill. The newer bikes have a bleeder at that high point. You may want to add one.