IGNORED

Cruise control function, removal of AF/FM/CB/CLASS.

I know I saw this info out here but not easy to find. I'm putting my steed on a diet and wish to remove the CB and AM/FM and CLASS.  Does this effect cruise control? If so what was the work around.  I have distant memories of this being an issue for someone else.  Any info or a link to the info would be great!

Thanks all.

1 minute ago, CaseyJ955 said:

I know I saw this info out here but not easy to find. I'm putting my steed on a diet and wish to remove the CB and AM/FM and CLASS.  Does this effect cruise control? If so what was the work around.  I have distant memories of this being an issue for someone else.  Any info or a link to the info would be great!

Thanks all.

Removing the CB or AM/FM or CLASS will have no effect on the cruise control.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CaseyJ955 said:

Thanks all.

I removed my cassette on my 06 with no issues.  I had the radio connected to my phone using the aux port.  I don't recall anything that would have affected the cruise if the radio head were removed. 

I have  the CB and the cassette deck removed..  Radio still works, and no issues with the  cruise.  I installed  a couple of 12 volt plugs in the spot the cassette was in and use the cb spot for a switch to turn on the class system when I need to use it.

Ken

Edited by ken5124

That is exactly what I needed to know, now I can pull the CB and send it along to someone who will use it.

So the cruise control brain resides elsewhere on this bike? I did not notice it in there last time I had it apart, but it was probably hidden by this insane wiring harness.  There is enough harness in this scoot to wire a dang S-class.