IGNORED

Well, It finally Happened!

skydoc_17

@XV1100SE has same bike. He could tell you. Found this in previous post of his.

I'm impressed with Performance Cycle!  I didn't realize that there was a difference in parts for the 2012/2013 RSV but apparently there are differences.

For "up to 2011"... there is sealing rubbers 5EA-1111G-00-00 @ $16.31 that goes over bolt 90109-066F0-00 (didn't ask for price). Cost of the rubber is $16.  For 2012/13 there is 5SL-1119E-00-00 (which are bolts with rubbers).  The 2012/2013 bolt/rubber is $5.95 but back ordered.  I don't know if these parts are interchangeable as no part numbers are listed as replaced by another.

Thru Performance Cycle I have ordered :

sealing rubbers # 5EA-1111G-00-00 up to 2011 $16.31 quantity 16

valve cover gasket # 4NK-11193-00-00 @ $44.71 quantity 2

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WIZ said:

I just googled part number 5EA-1111G-00-00 and found them on e-bay for $47.00 for all 16 seals. Only took about 2 weeks to get them. Wasn't in a huge rush so saved about $150 by waiting. 

Ron

Show off !!

You got a really good deal !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone, This will be my final update on the Shim Kit Saga. I received word from USPS saying they were NOT going to honor the Insurance Claim because they were used parts, and I wanted to keep the shims that actually made it all the way home! In other words, they would take possession of 55 shims, the Bucket Tool, Feeler Gauges, and the busted up case, and give me $200.00. I said, "No Thanks"! So in the future, I won't be wasting my money on USPS Insurance! On another note, The "New" Shim Kit is all back together, with about 90 shims in it, and all of the tools you will need to complete this service. At this point, I want to thank EVERYONE that has kicked in to help me replace the shims. I want to assure you that I spent every penny on new shims for the kit. 

And lastly, I am not back to work at my "Day Job" yet from my recent surgery, but I am on the mend and getting around pretty good these days. All of my kits I offer, as well as the Shim Kit Loan are being offered again. The only exception to this would be the Block Off Plates. I haven't been allowed to fire up the milling machine yet by my wife. If everything goes well at my next doctor's visit, I should be back to work mid March. I can't tell you how grateful I am to be sitting here still on this planet, and chatting with this wonderful group of people! So, if anyone needs the Shim Kit, or anything else for that matter, just let me know! Also Thank you EVERYONE for the support during this trying time!

Earl

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Dion,

The issue was about the fact that USPS wanted to take possession of ALL of the remaining Shims, the Bucket Tool, and the rest of the tools in the kit and THEN pay me the #200.00. The contents of the kit that made it back to me were worth WELL over the $200.00 offered. I declined to accept that pultry offer, and opted to keep everything that made the trip, and rebuild from there. I hope this clears this up a little better for you. 

Ah OK. Low ball offer so you would go away. Did they have possession of parts when they made the offer? If not I would have sent them a few pieces and told them pay up. But I understand, sometimes its better to just walk away and not fight a battle that is not worth going that way. But it sounds like buying their insurance is not worth the time of day.

• Like 2

The part that really bothers me the most is that kit has been mailed and insured how many times? They’ve made money every time it ships and won’t stand  behind it. Thanks again Earl for what you do, that kit saved me a lot of time and headache.