IGNORED

Well, It finally Happened!

skydoc_17

On 11/13/2020 at 6:42 PM, sleepy2 said:

2-- ...Carl's doesn't need time to clean which as some know mine does(full most of time)(Carl says hording) working on mounting snow blower onto grass cutting rider right now.

3--also trailer use available depending on when and if snow on ground can get it where it has to go.

So am still interested in this. Need gaskets and assistance from knowledgeable people! At Carl's if available or "roadshow" as you said.

I'm agreeable with this.... if Carl doesn't mind.

Earl... availability of the shims?  I have the tool.

Ah man....that sucks. Well...sounds like you are getting back in the saddle with the shim kit....and I will help....especially since I'll be needing a shim or two in the near future!

Help on the way, Earl...

Edited by videoarizona
spelling....my favorite problem!

3 hours ago, Marcarl said:

So,,, got a supply of shims, got a warm place all picked out, gaskets are coming from Earl? now WHO supplies the coffee? and oh, got us and extra meckanick in the process.

Ah darn it , to have the 87's live closer by would have been sweet. Quite a generous offer, thanks all the same. Would have been worth a whole lotta coffee.. 

If you would like I could supply the bulk Timmies coffee.

Would have to wait to get our gaskets first. Any reply Don? Time line?

Trailer is ready to transport bikes so they get there cold and ready to work on.

Have clamp down mount to secure and straps.

Since it is supposed to snow this week I could pick yours(Don)up and deliver for you.

36 minutes ago, Max said:

Ah darn it , to have the 87's live closer by would have been sweet. Quite a generous offer, thanks all the same. Would have been worth a whole lotta coffee.. 

Not all that generous really, I have this shop to work in, and the tools to do the work, all costing me nothing extra. It needs to be used to earn it's keep, and if somebody supplies the coffee then it's 'money in the bank' so to speak. It may not be much I suppose, but it's more than double of what I got yesterday.

• Thanks 1

On 11/29/2020 at 8:33 AM, Marcarl said:

So,,, got a supply of shims, got a warm place all picked out, gaskets are coming from Earl? now WHO supplies the coffee? and oh, got us and extra meckanick in the process.

Boy is you behind the times grandpa. No body calls us meckanicks any more. We have been modernized to tekanamnisions. It don't pay more but gives us the privilege to invest in more sophisticated and expensive tools and allows us to mortgage bigger and fancier tool boxes for a smaller cut of the shop door rate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Found the gasket part number - 4NK-11193-00-00  

Common shims, particularly the 265 and 270, 275 sizes

Steps by V7Goose also suggest changing the coolant and plugs...remove and clean the carbs

Also...

- sizing chart - 

- step by step guide to doing it - 

Edited by XV1100SE

Got a response from Performance Cycle about gasket cost.  Their response :

"Those gaskets are $44.71 each and would have to be ordered which
might take up to a week to get. When we do the job we also replace the
sealing rubbers on the bolts which are $16.31 each, and you need 16, they
would have to be ordered too."

Comments on the sealing rubbers on the bolts?  This makes the cost $350 to start.  Not sure what it would cost to have the dealer do this (if they have a mechanic that knows the Venture - Performance Cycle used to...don't know if they still do)

I imagine it would still be more since you still have to pay for the gaskets and grommets plus labour on top of that.

I can always check with Burlington cycle and Carl can check with Brantford cycle and see what their prices are. Maybe if we know how many sets are needed we can get a price brake.

Went on different web sites and big difference in prices. U.S. Cost for bolts (16) is around $2.30---to $4.00 U.S. Gaskets are around $24 to $30 U.S.--- can we say we are being gouged?????????????????

Many sites do not ship to Canada and some sites say they are Canadian BUT when you go on they are NOT!!!

Checked Pioneer Motor Sports website and they are around  $135U.S.----- $175Can + shipping (would have to contact them to see how much for shipping)

Gaskets are $33.00 x 2=$67.98

Bolts are $3.50 x 16= $56

Don't know if we could still use our discount we had before to lower cost.

I would probably reuse my plugs as I changed them in spring.

I also changed antifreeze and cylinder plugs then also. If no I still have a new  small jug of antifreeze.

On 12/4/2020 at 4:03 PM, sleepy2 said:

Went on different web sites and big difference in prices. U.S. Cost for bolts (16) is around $2.30---to $4.00 U.S. Gaskets are around $24 to $30 U.S.--- can we say we are being gouged?????????????????

Bolts are $3.50 x 16= $56

It isn't the bolts...apparently there are rubber boots on the bolts that need to be replaced.

Aren't the rubbers supplied with the bolts?  I went by the part numbers you supplied.  Just checked parts pictures and they look like they have rubber mounted to them.

Anyways I just received this e-mail from Chad Armstrong at Pioneer Motorsports

What about seeing about combined shipping??

Looks like under $200Can by my calculation ??????

Hi Philip thanks for the inquiry.  Yes, we do still offer the Venture Rider discount.

5SL-1119E-00-00   $2.99/each

4NK-11193-00-00  $28.99/each

Shipping to Canada via USPS Priority Mail should be around $30.

I could order these items and have them in 3-4 business days.  If you would like to order, just let me know, and I will call to get credit card info when I'm ready to ship parts.  Thanks

canvas.png

I've asked Performance Cycle for the part number of the sealing rubbers.

For the gaskets at $29 ea....vs $45 locally.....exchange rate, shipping....I'll get mine locally from Performance Cycle.  They've always been good to deal with.

Anyone else looking...the cylinder drain plug is 90338-1152-00.

@skydoc_17 - Earl - can you comment on what could be referred to as the sealing rubbers on bolts" ?  Other than the valve cover gaskets and cylinder drain plugs...anything else needed?  

Would I need to change my drain plugs since I changed mine in the spring when I changed  anti-freeze?

What is  price of plugs at Performance?

So far Phantom Wife might get me to go with Pioneer considering difference between them --around $240 -gaskets-bolts-plugs if needed

I'm impressed with Performance Cycle!  I didn't realize that there was a difference in parts for the 2012/2013 RSV but apparently there are differences.

For "up to 2011"... there is sealing rubbers 5EA-1111G-00-00 @ $16.31 that goes over bolt 90109-066F0-00 (didn't ask for price). Cost of the rubber is $16.  For 2012/13 there is 5SL-1119E-00-00 (which are bolts with rubbers).  The 2012/2013 bolt/rubber is $5.95 but back ordered.  I don't know if these parts are interchangeable as no part numbers are listed as replaced by another.

Thru Performance Cycle I have ordered :

sealing rubbers # 5EA-1111G-00-00 up to 2011 $16.31 quantity 16

valve cover gasket # 4NK-11193-00-00 @ $44.71 quantity 2

- cylinder coolant drain plugs # 90338-11152-00  quantity 4