IGNORED

How to TAG somebody in a post

Freebird

if you type a post and wish to "tag" somebody, that means to insert their name in a way that they will receive notification of the post and can reply if needed, here is how its done.

On the old site, you just typed their username with the @ sign in front of it.  Example @freebird.   That no longer works on the new site however.

The way you do it now is basically the same.  You type the @ sign and then start typing their username.  As you type, a dropdown menu will appear and you have to select their name from the menu.  If I start typing @Freebird , freebird will show up in the menu.  I just click on that and it inserts the username for me.

It's actually much better this way because people use all types of different spellings for their username.  If you just get the first two or three letters correct, you don't have to worry about spelling the rest of it.  Just look a the list as you type and then click on the name when you see it.  

• Thanks 1

@Freebird Thanks Boss!!

Another one of things I always found challenging with the old sites tagging system was trying to figure out to tag people with a space in their name,, for some reason brother Murph always got me on that one.. It seems like any time I ran into one of those situations I would end up with  multiple versions of the varmints screen name with everything from a space between their names as shown in their actual screen names followed by a series of "@'s"  with that space being filled with those symbols found on the number keys and it was not unusual to still not be able to get anything to work :) .  I, for one, REALLY like this new set up!! THANK YOU SIR, YOUR WORK IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!! 

Another thing I found challenging was when working with my signature found on the bottom of each of my posts.. For some reason it seemed like I always ran out of space LOL.. This new contraption you have employed for the clubs  enjoyment is much better IMHO.. Much more user friendly, again, IMHO.. I like it Don,, GOOD CHOICE, GOOD JOB!!

Thanks again!

Puc

Well,  just let me say this about that.  The reason the signatures were restricted on the other site is because some folks get crazy with their signatures.  It's not too bad when you are viewing the site on a computer but on a phone, entire pages can be taken up with a signature.  Even mine, with three relatively small pictures, is probably too much for those using a phone, and you would be amazed at how many people browse the site on their phones.  So this is just a warning, if the signatures get out of hand, I will have to restrict the sizes, number of photos, etc. again.  Now, I COULD set it so that signatures don't who up on mobile devices but then I've had people that didn't like that either.  It's a fine line that we have to walk.

Well from my point of view and this is just me I tend to agree with signatures not being displayed on the cell phones. As you stated when it comes to little screens they clutter up pretty quick. I also find it interesting how when you click on a post it puts you right were you left off the last time you read that post.

Edited by saddlebum

20 hours ago, Squidley said:

Yada, yada, yada, blah, blah, blah, signature smignature, whatever!

You do pretty good for an OLD schmuck, that's why we stick around. (This is sarcasm for those who aren't privvy to know who I am) Nice work on the site buddy 👍

I know who you are and I think you should feel ashamed of yourself for those initial comments. Freebird works hard on this site.:backinmyday:

Hey @Freebirddo I get any extra points for this suck up ? :big-grin-emoticon:

Edited by saddlebum
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, saddlebum said:

I know who you are and I think you should feel ashamed of yourself for those initial comments. Freebird works hard on this site.:backinmyday:

Hey @Freebirddo I get any extra points for this suck up ? :big-grin-emoticon:

Seeing as @Freebird is taking some well deserved time away, I will answer that question. And seeing as we seem to get along so well, I will go the extra mile for yah. So here is what happened,, and I thought you would be most interested in knowing. I added 20 points to your score. There was a slight hitch though,, seems that this new forum will only allow so many points to be awarded, but I got around that,,,, me smart eh?! So this is  what transpired: I tried to add the 20 points, but seeing as that wasn't possible (seems all the available points were taken) I removed 30 points so that there was room for the 20 new ones. In my math that now makes 50 points exchanged,,,, don't bow down that deep, just a slight nod of the head will be sufficient!

10 hours ago, Marcarl said:

Seeing as @Freebird is taking some well deserved time away, I will answer that question. And seeing as we seem to get along so well, I will go the extra mile for yah. So here is what happened,, and I thought you would be most interested in knowing. I added 20 points to your score. There was a slight hitch though,, seems that this new forum will only allow so many points to be awarded, but I got around that,,,, me smart eh?! So this is  what transpired: I tried to add the 20 points, but seeing as that wasn't possible (seems all the available points were taken) I removed 30 points so that there was room for the 20 new ones. In my math that now makes 50 points exchanged,,,, don't bow down that deep, just a slight nod of the head will be sufficient!

:confused07:

10 hours ago, Flyinfool said:

I guess you folks nort O D border can't measure stuff using real units like most of the people on this continent do, Must be a different math system nort O D border to.......:256:

Who was that masked man......?

What be your problem??? What might be so difficult with points,, I can understand your difficulty with mm (millimeters for short), those things are so small one needs an extra pair of glasses to count them proper,,, but really!!! I kind of thought,,, everybody,,,, so like all people,,, could understand and count points.

• 7 months later...
On 11/9/2020 at 7:27 PM, Marcarl said:

What be your problem??? What might be so difficult with points,, I can understand your difficulty with mm (millimeters for short), those things are so small one needs an extra pair of glasses to count them proper,,, but really!!! I kind of thought,,, everybody,,,, so like all people,,, could understand and count points.

As a small service guy I have to constantly make all the imported shafts fit standard bearings..( I buy all bearings USA made ) ..The metric system has helped no one ....The first problem is our government bends to every out of country government  in the far east and  is filling their pockets from that money and really does not care about its own people ... They adopted the metric system because they had their hands  on foreign money ...  We have been paying the price since ...our regular grade gas cost us  $5.76 per gallon and premium gas cost us $6.48 per gallon ... The guy at the top is the biggest crook of all handing out tax payers money to his own family