IGNORED

X Screen windshield

RDawson

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/mra-x-creen-tour-variable-windscreen-spoiler-blade?sku_id=1045727

I’m gonna post this here because it’s universal for bikes. It’s a fully adjustable windshield spoiler, you can adjust height and angle without tools. I got one from a local friend (yes I actually have friends) that bought both clear and smoke but likes clear better. He told me he loves it on his HD, I was skeptical but plopped down the cash and holy cow we love it. I clamped it on the lower half of a Bagger Shield, set it just below my sight line, and tilted it out a bit. It acts as a vent and spoiler in one. I have smooth air AND the marm says she feels much less turbulence. I was worried about the lack of width but it works for us. I haven’t used it in the rain yet but have had it up to 85-90 on the slab with no issues. The clamps swivel all directions to fit any curve or use the optional bolt on mounts. 

1 hour ago, Squidley said:

That's different 

Yep. My youngest daughter and I spent a big part of the summer playing with windshield shapes, she’s studying to be an aerospace engineer so playing with aerodynamics was fun. The ones we made with a return lip were best but created a blurry line, this fixes that. 

• Like 1

Ok, I see how it works now.  If I still had the shorty windshield on the bike that the previous owner put on I might be interested.  But after taking a 1,000 mile ride with it last year I replaced it with a ClearView XL windshield that I have to say I am very pleased with.

Compressed IMG_20191223_161901.jpg

Compressed IMG_20191223_160836.jpg

I usually ride with a tall shield too, having the two piece Baggershield let me play with making new different shape uppers that turned into a game. I was talking to the guy I bought this from and talk turned to wind noise and turbulence on his Harley and he showed me this. I took the upper off and tried it and was impressed, the fact I can flip 4 buttons and adjust it anytime goes right along with my tinkering mind. I can look thru, look over,  get more air, less air, etc. Its probably not for everybody but I threw it out there for everybody to see.  

It would certainly be a quick fix for a short windshield.  Around town, lower speeds in hot weather the adjust-ability would definitely be an advantage.  I am tall so the airflow over the short windshield that was on my RSV when I bought it tried to take my head off at any kind of speed.