IGNORED

The Social Dilemma on Netflix

SpencerPJ

Hands down, the best educational documentary I’ve ever watched.  Many of the original senior executives from companies like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google, YouTube,  etc discuss AI (artificial intelligence) and the revolution. 

Friends, scary stuff, scary statistics, and by far the greatest world crisis we have. Covid, Trump/Biden, global warming, oil drilling, gun laws, nothing compares with what is going on under our noses, especially to our youth, our kids, our grandkids, but to you and I as well. 

Truly a must watch (and no, it’s nothing political). 

Enjoy, post your comments after you watch or if you have 👍

IMHO, the wise will study Hitler's playbook and strive to understand how he and Goebbels used the brand new social media of that era (Radio) to, thru extremely controlled propaganda and denying the general public access to the truth,  capture and control the minds and rational thinking of the masses to the point that even to this day there are those who are convinced that the holocaust never happened. SCARY stuff INDEED!! 

13 hours ago, RoTorKev said:

It is a good watch, reminds me why I don’t do social media.

The sad part is, many of us use Google or ________, and they give us the answer they want us to see.  If you type: 'what is global warming' or 'should guns be restricted' as examples, depending on where you are, feeds a different response.  It is called mind manipulation, and it is being done at the massive level, regional level, global level.  Ever wonder why we stand and fight more and more for a position we feel emotions about, because the internet keeps feeding us based on wherever we get our information, or tries changing or position, all done with high dollar tracking computers and algorithms.  Companies pay big money to have this information about us. 'We are not the customers, we are the products'.  End of rant :), really good show, everyone should watch it.

Edited by SpencerPJ

I have been trying to say this to my kids for years but the younger generation just thinks you're paranoid and ridiculous. They can make all the Privacy promises they want but let's face it wherever you put your information somebody there has access to it and there's no guarantee as to what they will do with it. Tell them that one day we will all be just like on Star Trek and nothing more than cyborgs unthinking members of a collective.

Edited by saddlebum