IGNORED

shifter rod bushing 87 venture royale

Has anyone replaced the bushing for shifter rod where it comes out the the cover on left side.It does not show up on yamaha parts or i am looking in the wrong place for parts.Hope some one has a part number or a diy fix.It works but has some slop in it looks like a bushing is there but worn.Thanks for any help.

I am not aware of a replacement part and checking the parts fiche, I dont see it listed either. Just how loose is your shifter shaft in the bushing? I will check mine and see how much play I see in it and let you know.

Rick F.

Not real bad but I think it should be tighter.This bike has heal/toe shifter and floor boards.That may of helped wear it some.Thanks for the input.I will just live with it for now.I can make one if it gets to bad I think.

Dave, I just checked my 89 VR and there isnt a lot of play in mine but I have the standard toe shifter on mine. It could be that the toe and heel shifter shaft is a little bit smaller in diameter. Maybe one of the guys with the toe and heel shifter will chime in and let us know how his is. One way to get a different bushing is to pick up a used stator cover case and see if that makes a difference. I would take your shifter and try it in the hole of the different case to see. You can find them on ebay a lot of times. 

Good Luck.

Rick F.