IGNORED

Welcome to all our new members

Freebird

Hello becksvector,

Welcome to Venture Rider. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. Please introduce yourself so that our members can get to know you.  If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.  This thread is primarily for introductions. If you have specific questions about your bike, you will get more responses if you post them in the correct forum.

becksvector joined on the 07/22/2022.

View Member

Hello Rob Bell,

Welcome to Venture Rider. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. Please introduce yourself so that our members can get to know you.  If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.  This thread is primarily for introductions. If you have specific questions about your bike, you will get more responses if you post them in the correct forum.

Rob Bell joined on the 07/23/2022.

View Member

Hello William C,

William C joined on the 07/24/2022.

View Member

Ken Johnson here, bought my non-current 2009 RSTD in 2011. Over the years we have owned another 20 bikes or so, the Royal is by far my favorite as far as modern bikes. A few years back I started restoring old motorcycles and some more modern ones as well. 1975 GL 1000, 1980 CB 900 Custom, 1981 CB 750 Custom etc. I also resurrected two other mid 2000 RSTD's for other people after years of neglect and sitting. 

I've enjoyed making all the changes to the RSTD over the years, cleaning up and removing brackets to make the bike cleaner, V-Max gears, Ivan jet kit, Dyna 3000 (7500 rpm), K&N filters, Bubs, shortened Cee Baileys windshield, Mustang Seat with driver's backrest etc. I do all the maint. on the bike on schedule, Yamaha synthetic oil, clutch fluid and brake fluid flushes every other year, several batteries and one starter relay, one fuel filter, first valve adjusts last year, several sets of tires, a couple rear end fluid changes and plugs a few times, also changed the coolant twice. Cleaned the carbs up good and rejetted then, also rerouted crankcase vent outside of intake last year, that should keep them clean. The AIT has been gone for years.

Never had one issue with the bike period, it's always pleasure to ride and pulls like a freight train. The downside is the community of owners is pretty small, in ten years only ran across two other owners personally.

And finally my wife also rides her own bike, a 2013 Vulcan 900 LT, so she's my primary riding partner.

Edited by BadCatClassics
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, BadCatClassics said:

Ken Johnson here, bought my non-current 2009 RSTD in 2011. Over the years we have owned another 20 bikes or so, the Royal is by far my favorite as far as modern bikes. A few years back I started restoring old motorcycles and some more modern ones as well. 1975 GL 1000, 1980 CB 900 Custom, 1981 CB 750 Custom etc. I also resurrected two other mid 2000 RSTD's for other people after years of neglect and sitting. 

I've enjoyed making all the changes to the RSTD over the years, cleaning up and removing brackets to make the bike cleaner, V-Max gears, Ivan jet kit, Dyna 3000 (7500 rpm), K&N filters, Bubs, shortened Cee Baileys windshield, Mustang Seat with driver's backrest etc. I do all the maint. on the bike on schedule, Yamaha synthetic oil, clutch fluid and brake fluid flushes every other year, several batteries and one starter relay, one fuel filter, first valve adjusts last year, several sets of tires, a couple rear end fluid changes and plugs a few times, also changed the coolant twice. Cleaned the carbs up good and rejetted then, also rerouted crankcase vent outside of intake last year, that should keep them clean. The AIT has been gone for years.

Never had one issue with the bike period, it's always pleasure to ride and pulls like a freight train. The downside is the community of owners is pretty small, in ten years only ran across two other owners personally.

And finally my wife also rides her own bike, a 2013 Vulcan 900 LT, so she's my primary riding partner.

I bought a non-running 1981 CB750 Custom this spring and have been trying to get it back on the road (might be getting close with the not running issue, finally).

On 7/30/2022 at 11:07 PM, BadCatClassics said:

Let me know how it goes...

I only find a few hours a week to try to work on it these days.  I traced the electrical problem to the pulse generator for cylinders 1 and 4 (pick up coils on the crankshaft).  I bought a used assembly on ebay.  This picture is taking the old one out, I just got the new one installed/routed and hope to start putting parts back on this week.

CB750ToreUpResized.jpg

• Like 1