IGNORED

Welcome to all our new members

Freebird

Hello Jim Woerdehoff,

Welcome to Venture Rider. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. Please introduce yourself so that our members can get to know you.  If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.  This thread is primarily for introductions. If you have specific questions about your bike, you will get more responses if you post them in the correct forum.

Jim Woerdehoff joined on the 01/17/2022.

View Member

Hello Joseph Brown,

Welcome to Venture Rider. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. Please introduce yourself so that our members can get to know you.  If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.  This thread is primarily for introductions. If you have specific questions about your bike, you will get more responses if you post them in the correct forum.

Joseph Brown joined on the 01/18/2022.

View Member

Hello doejhon,

doejhon joined on the 01/19/2022.

View Member

Hello Joker Jordan,

Joker Jordan joined on the 01/20/2022.

View Member

Hello NewNC_Rider,

NewNC_Rider joined on the 01/21/2022.

View Member

I'm Jeff from North Carolina and I'm new to motorcycling...  Some history on how I got here and basis for my first upcoming post:

•   As a kid, always wanted a moped, finally bought one when I was "of age."  Rode that Honda for 3 years, then sold when I joined the Navy.
  •   US Navy for 4 years, led to medical equipment service career, became a private pilot, owned a single engine plane for 7 years...
  •   Daydreamed about buying a "max-scooter" ever since selling my moped, finally bought and now own a Suzuki Burgman 650.
  •   Took my first motorcycle safety class (3 days) at age 52 and now want to buy a motorcycle (will keep scooter).
  •   Yamaha Venture is in my top three bikes I'm shopping for, always loved cruisers.  (Long wanted a Gold Wing, have ruled out now)
  •   Other bikes I'm considering:  Suzuki Boulevard 800 Touring, Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT.

So you can see based on what I plan to buy this Spring, I've nailed down that I like Touring Cruisers with sidebags.  Now I'll seek advice from you Venture riders to help me decide if a Venture is the right fit for me.  I am mechanically inclined and perform most of my own maintenance on all my vehicles (boats, planes, etc).

Can anyone comment on Venture verses Vulcan versus Boulevard besides the obvious (Twin -vs -V4, power, curb weight)?  I'd be interested to head if anyone owned one of these then migrated to the Venture later and why.  Thanks!

The Yamaha Royal Star Venture's curb weight is 869 lbs.  But, I don't consider it to be top heavy.  Some do.  It's super comfy and a great road trip bike.  If you ride mostly around town, you may want something lighter.  Me personally I don't like V-twins and all 3 of my bikes are fours.  I don't like vibration and I like the power from a high revving four.  My 2 cents....

The Venture, newer or older will be a big step up from your scooter.  That said, after 25 years of not riding, I purchased an older Venture and adapted easily. I suggest you test out a few different models.  The Venture sure has a reputation for reliability.  I wanted to upgrade from my older Venture (83') and stay with a water cooled bike.  I could not gather to like the newer Ventures, feet forward controls and I am one to wear shorts while riding and there is too much hot chrome parts on them for my liking.  I crossed the fence to a Goldwing F6B and find it a good fit for my style.  $$ wise, you will get more bike for way less money with a Venture.

Hello Miamick,

Miamick joined on the 01/21/2022.

View Member

Hello highwaystar,

highwaystar joined on the 01/21/2022.

View Member

Hello russ067,

russ067 joined on the 01/21/2022.

View Member

Hi  my name is Leo. glad to be here. i have a 2018 goldwimg DCT tour. recently, while sitting at a traffic light, the engine sputtered and quit. everything locked up. trunk, gas door and the dash was flashing all lights. disconnected the battery and waited for maybe 5 minutes then reconnected. the lights quit flashing but still dead.  after about an hour it cranked up like nothing ever happened.  does anybody have a clue what the issue might be?  Thanks much. 

12 hours ago, russ067 said:

Hi  my name is Leo. glad to be here. i have a 2018 goldwimg DCT tour. recently, while sitting at a traffic light, the engine sputtered and quit. everything locked up. trunk, gas door and the dash was flashing all lights. disconnected the battery and waited for maybe 5 minutes then reconnected. the lights quit flashing but still dead.  after about an hour it cranked up like nothing ever happened.  does anybody have a clue what the issue might be?  Thanks much. 

Something wasn't quite right.

13 hours ago, russ067 said:

My guess is your battery is on it's way out.  I own a Goldwing, not quite as new as yours, but on the Goldwing Forums it seems whenever there is an electrical glitch and the battery is 3 or more years, it always is the culprit.

Hello all, my name is Kevin I live in Louisiana, I am a retired Truck driver and Dispatcher,  and me and my wife Tammy are new to this page and new owners of a 2007 Royal Star Venture 1300..just took delivery of it 3 days ago..did a little riding on it and love it!. hoping to make some new friends on this page and also info and find out about any upcoming events. 

our new yamaha 3.jpg

our new yamaha 2.jpg

our new yamaha.jpg

• Like 2

Hello Dawnsnyder,

Dawnsnyder joined on the 01/25/2022.

View Member

On 1/24/2022 at 10:15 AM, highwaystar said:

Hello all, my name is Kevin I live in Louisiana, I am a retired Truck driver and Dispatcher,  and me and my wife Tammy are new to this page and new owners of a 2007 Royal Star Venture 1300..just took delivery of it 3 days ago..did a little riding on it and love it!. hoping to make some new friends on this page and also info and find out about any upcoming events. 

Welcome aboard.  I joined about 2 years ago.  Good people here and a great knowledge base too. 

• Like 1

Hello SubVet Jeff,

SubVet Jeff joined on the 01/28/2022.

View Member

• Thanks 1

Hello JCP,

JCP joined on the 01/29/2022.

View Member

Hello JimFreniere,

JimFreniere joined on the 01/29/2022.

View Member

Hello RIP Rocky,

RIP Rocky joined on the 01/30/2022.

View Member

Hello Roofrider,

Roofrider joined on the 01/30/2022.

View Member

Hello Curtisb0671,

Curtisb0671 joined on the 01/31/2022.

View Member

Hello Rushfandan,

Rushfandan joined on the 01/31/2022.

View Member