IGNORED

Welcome to all our new members

Freebird

1 hour ago, Squidley said:

Hey Ron, prior Navy here as well AMS3, it's ironic, I like riding too. Welcome to the site.

Ok brother,,, as you know,, I know nothing of the military so you gotta explain something to me,, what is AMS3? I get one guess right? Right.. Soooo,, my guess,,, Almost Mid Ship 3rd bunk... Am I close😄? Heyy,, I tried!! 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, cowpuc said:

Ok brother,,, as you know,, I know nothing of the military so you gotta explain something to me,, what is AMS3? I get one guess right? Right.. Soooo,, my guess,,, Almost Mid Ship 3rd bunk... Am I close😄? Heyy,, I tried!! 

A mind like a rusty steel trap, never know when it's gonna snap!

Aviation Mechanic Structures (AMS) 3rd class petty officer (AMS3)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Squidley said:

A mind like a rusty steel trap, never know when it's gonna snap!

Aviation Mechanic Structures (AMS) 3rd class petty officer (AMS3)

Thank you Squid!! I knew it would have something to do with being the brains of some kind of operation.  It sounds like you are describing taking care of the structural aspect of airplanes?  If so, did you ever get to see/touch an A-10 Warthog?  Reason I ask, many years ago my son Jay and I went up to Waters Michigan to a practice air base out in the middle of nowhere called "Steel Gate" - it was during the early 90's and the place was open to the public,,, wayyyy cool!! We watched A-10's fly in for "practice" with their 20mm gatlings opening up on some beat up tanks and stuff in a huge field.. WOWZY was that amazing!!  Shoulda heard them gatlings - OH MY GOODNESS, talk about fire power.. We saw lots of birds, including Helio's up there thru the years but bar none,, our favorite was the Warthog!! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cowpuc said:

Thank you Squid!! I knew it would have something to do with being the brains of some kind of operation.  It sounds like you are describing taking care of the structural aspect of airplanes?  If so, did you ever get to see/touch an A-10 Warthog?  Reason I ask, many years ago my son Jay and I went up to Waters Michigan to a practice air base out in the middle of nowhere called "Steel Gate" - it was during the early 90's and the place was open to the public,,, wayyyy cool!! We watched A-10's fly in for "practice" with their 20mm gatlings opening up on some beat up tanks and stuff in a huge field.. WOWZY was that amazing!!  Shoulda heard them gatlings - OH MY GOODNESS, talk about fire power.. We saw lots of birds, including Helio's up there thru the years but bar none,, our favorite was the Warthog!! 

I've never been up close and personal with a Warthog, they are a very impressive plane. They can fly very slow and are perfect for ground support missions. Those guns are awesome, if you're targeted, you're done for. I worked the McDonnell Douglass DC9B in the reserves and the Kaman SH2F anti submarine warfare helicopter while I was in the yacht club.

Edited by Squidley
  • Thanks 1

On 11/16/2020 at 5:05 PM, Squidley said:

Those guns are awesome, if you're targeted, you're done for. 

About unattractive television journalists they say "He has a good face for radio!"

The Warthog ain't winnin any beauty contests either.....but she sure can fight. Always been the epitome of what my dad used to call "form following function".

When lives depend on it, ugly works!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, etcswjoe said:

That is just so wrong :) but I still had to laugh.  

Attaboy! God knows.......these ARE the days we just HAVE to laugh.....otherwise we'd cry. (And that's SO un-Navy-ish!) 🙂

Be well, kiddo. (I haven't even checked where you ARE, so I don't know whether to safe "Ride safely".....or, see you in the Spring!!

• Thanks 1