IGNORED

Small Issue

Freebird

2 minutes ago, Marcarl said:

If I might be so bold as to speak for somebody else??????? I got me a feeling that words may have been produced and typed out that would cause the penalty box door to open, and that was not what the author was looking for as a result. And should that have happened ,, well,,,,,, POOF!

As a club Moderator I think you can openly speak for others but in so doing, would you mind defining what was stated as a warning by a non Moderator @Marcarl?  I think I understand what you are speaking of as "Poof" but am still unclear as to what @Patch was referring to.. Could you please explain for him?

11 hours ago, cowpuc said:

As a club Moderator I think you can openly speak for others but in so doing, would you mind defining what was stated as a warning by a non Moderator @Marcarl?  I think I understand what you are speaking of as "Poof" but am still unclear as to what @Patch was referring to.. Could you please explain for him?

11 hours ago, cowpuc said:

I had to give this some thought, and had to re-read what it was that was posted. I think it could be two-fold.

One is that politics has no place here, and it would not be hard to inject some political thoughts into the discussion and hence delete this whole thread. I do have to compliment those involved, on staying mostly out of that arena, although I bet there may have been some erasing done before posting.

Two, would the discussion on how the whole Covid situation is being dealt with, or not, what effect it has, or has not, how it might or might not have an effect on the lives of humans. This could also get political very quickly but maybe more importantly was leading to 'direct debating' , if I may call it that. That is the prime reason for my suggestion to 'address the chair', if for no other reason that to keep us away from biting at each other.

Three,, I know, I said two, but I couldn't possibly keep this short,,, eh @saddlebum. Folks on North side of the border have the opportunity to watch what's  going on with your side. We are not actually involved, we don't have to live with the consequences as you do. I didn't say it doesn't effect us, it will somehow, but we have no real say in the matter, so it's a different ball game for us. We get our info by the News and what ever else we decide to watch or listen to. As with all reporting, there is a slant and we will remember more easily the slant that supports our own thinking rather than any slants that do not. Personally, I do not envy the decision that Americans have/had to make.  Sure is good to know that there is a Power that overlooks all this, and that nothing can happen without His knowledge.

• Like 3

I've been watching this thread.  My reply is going to be fairly short but hopefully will answer one of the questions that has been answered.  First of all, this thread has turned far from what it was written for.  Secondly, it has certainly become political, any way you slice it.  Normally I would have already deleted all the political posts but I know that tensions are high right now and people feel the need to express themselves.  I still think there are plenty of websites that are designated strictly for political discussion and you that feel strongly about arguing the points should do it on one of them.  After today, possibly sooner, these political posts will be removed.

Now I THINK the question that has been asked is "Can a person who is not a moderator make a thread go "poof".  The answer of course, is no.  There are a number of ways that such a situation can be addressed.  If any member chooses he doesn't like a certain thread, he or she can submit it to the moderators and we will make a decision.  If the member posts something just for the sole purpose of blowing up the thread and cause it to be deleted, there is the option of simply deleting that one post, or more than one, and banning the member from the thread.  Of course they could then get mad and start another thread just to continue their tirade.  The options then are to let them know that it won't be tolerated and then if it continues, the member could be temporarily or permanently banned from the site.  So no, no member can make a thread go "poof" just because they don't like a response that was posted.  It would be looked at and a decision made and then action taken.

Now this is NOT pointed at any individual.  A question was asked and this is simply the answer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/31/2020 at 10:53 AM, saddlebum said:

Not to get too involved in American politics But whoever you all vote for I hope you people strongly consider who is going to be the best suited , most responsible and intelligent candidate to deal  with keeping your society healthy in this covid crisis. I realize there are other issues that are also on the table but for the sake of all of you I hope you put your health first the other issues are meaningless if your too sick to care. I realize there are alot out there that still do not believe covid exits but better to be a live fool than a sick or dead skeptic.

Please forgive me for the above post, If it was out of line. It was never meant to open Pandora's box and start a controversial thread. I don't know enough about American politics to have an opinion one way or the other. I only wanted to express my sincere hopes that however the vote goes, that at the end of the day, it's the American people as a whole in health and freedoms that walk away from this election as the true winners in the long run. I also apologize to you  @Freebirdit was never meant to hijack your thread. Best Wishes to all of you.

Edited by saddlebum
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You're right, the post Puc ticked me off, usually I would bring more tack to the debate.

AS  far as your enforcer remark let me say this, 1st I was never with the mob, as for the rest of that background you have the story mixed up. I can't undue what I was born into but I am at peace with all the efforts to make right the wrongs I was taught.

Why would you perceive Poof as a personal threat? What is rolling around in your thoughts?

To the chair then: There has been so much misinformation fed us over the past couple of years it has become a challenge to keep up and walk a straight line.

How did this become political was asked: too many mistakes up front I think is the answer. The cover up has made it political, my opinion.

As Americans vote today I wish for them the patients to not over react to early counts. 

As you all vote the world is tuned in, this vote is a big one, but your founding Constitution hopefully will guide your country thru to a peaceful tomorrow.   

Edited by Patch

18 hours ago, Patch said:

@cowpuc Puc you ere taking this too far. Chat is one thing but your opinion on this is harsh and I think you are beginning to lay blame on those that do not see it your way! 

In my oo\pinion Puc you are very wrong, and tho that does not make me right nor does it make you righter for lecturing against your on founding documents.

Stop now or I will cause this to POOF!

25 minutes ago, Patch said:

You're right, the post Puc ticked me off, usually I would bring more tack to the debate.

AS  far as your enforcer remark let me say this, 1st I was never with the mob, as for the rest of that background you have the story mixed up. I can't undue what I was born into but I am at peace with all the efforts to make right the wrongs I was taught.

Why would you perceive Poof as a personal threat? What is rolling around in your thoughts?

To the chair then: There has been so much misinformation fed us over the past couple of years it has become a challenge to keep up and walk a straight line.

How did this become political was asked: too many mistakes up front I think is the answer. The cover up has made it political, my opinion.

As Americans vote today I wish for them the patients to not over react to early counts. 

As you all vote the world is tuned in, this vote is a big one, but your founding Constitution hopefully will guide your country thru to a peaceful tomorrow.   

Hi Patch, would mind explaining what you meant by you "causing this to Poof?".. Thank you! 

Puc