IGNORED

My Father passed...98 years old

XV1100SE

Haven't been on much the last week and a half.  My Father passed away on October 9th.  He was 98 years old.  

Right up to the end...including the morning he was admitted to the hospital....he still lived at home, cooked his own meals, cut his own grass.  Was physically and mentally strong.  The Wednesday morning (Oct 7)morning my sister called me, he had walked a couple blocks to get his hair cut but became disoriented...not like him.  He made it home and my sister got a call from the barber that something was wrong with him - everyone knew him because he was always go-go-go, would be seen walking a lot.  She called me and I told her to call an ambulance.  Two days later...with family present, he passed away.

My mother had passed in February '99.

Born on a farm in Saskatchewan in 1922...worked at Massey Ferguson in Toronto and Brantford for 42 years.  Retired when he turned 65 (a year before Massey went bankrupt) so got 33 years of pension and healthcare.  A good long life, always close to family, relished in having large family gatherings, would party and dance until the end.....will be greatly missed.

Awe,,, I am so sorry to read this Don,,, extremely so.  Your Dad sounds like quite a man, a Father to be proud of for certain.  Your family and this world is lesser of a place without him in it.  Please know that our, Tip and those of my own, thoughts and prayers will be with you folks during this difficult time my friend. 

Don's Dad, I have met you thru your son and know what/who you were -  success? You did it!!  Thank you for all you did with your time here, you are greatly appreciated and missed.  May you rest in peace knowing that the tracks you left in life will always be remembered as those that lead to complete fulfillment right to the very end..

Godspeed Don's Father

Puc and Tip

Sorry to hear this news Don. Condolences to you and your entire family. I did have the distinct pleasure of meeting your Dad at his farm a few years ago and undeniably he was an amazing man. He would have put most 60 year old‘s to shame with his energy and mobility. Embrace the memories of your lives together. Doug

Wow Eh Don!

I have many memories of my time in SK, proud men grown from hard working steady and proven stock. Really the few that of all my years of hard work I can honestly say - way to hard to out work them boys ;)

For Dad