IGNORED

Star Venture Torque Specifications

I understand the manual is on line, ( I have downloaded the copy to my computer, phone and iPad) but can be a pain to find the info. I also have the hard copy of the manual.

I look at this two ways:

1) it is a cheat sheet. Quick reference.

2) it is like when I was RPPO (repair parts petty officer) any time I spent more then 30 minutes looking up a part I put it in my little green memorandum book so I didn’t waste time the next time I had to order the part. Granted you will learn new information as you look up the info you need but sometimes you don’t have the time to look it up.

So whether it is used by anyone else, it is a quick reference for me (and a work in progress) that I thought someone might like.

and no offense is taken, it is not for everyone.

Eric

Edited by ecbaatz

Remember doing exactly what you were talking about with the green book in the Navy. That’s a blast from the past. 😁

On a side note, the torque spec for the  crankcase full plug is not accurate. If you tighten it to the specs listed it will break off by the second time you do it.   Basically lightly snug by hand. I use my fingers until it sears and then the Allen wrench I gently “tap” it once using 3 fingers.  Never had any leaks and have been doing that since the first one broke during my second oil change.

13 minutes ago, ChiefGunner said:

Remember doing exactly what you were talking about with the green book in the Navy. That’s a blast from the past. 😁

On a side note, the torque spec for the  crankcase full plug is not accurate. If you tighten it to the specs listed it will break off by the second time you do it.   Basically lightly snug by hand. I use my fingers until it sears and then the Allen wrench I gently “tap” it once using 3 fingers.  Never had any leaks and have been doing that since the first one broke during my second oil change.

Meant crankcase FILL plug.

Also meant until it SEALS.

1 hour ago, ChiefGunner said:

True on that one, will put that caveat in when I do that torque spec. Thanks for the reminder on that one. Haven’t done the drain bolts yet either and have done at least 4 oil changes, did add the magnetic dimple plugs and magnetic sleeve(s) for the oil filter.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ecbaatz said:

True on that one, will put that caveat in when I do that torque spec. Thanks for the reminder on that one. Haven’t done the drain bolts yet either and have done at least 4 oil changes, did add the magnetic dimple plugs and magnetic sleeve(s) for the oil filter.

Have done 12 oil changes on mine.  I keep a flange style automotive plug on hand in case the CC OEM plug breaks.

• Like 1