IGNORED

VIDEO OF AIR FORCE ONE LEAVING MUSKEGON MI TINY AIRPORT!! AMAZING!!

cowpuc

I took this video of our countries BEAUTIFUL 757 AIR FORCE ONE jet departing from our teeny tiny airport here in Muskegon Mi! I was telling Tippy that it is a known fact that our air strip is wayyyyy to small for the big boys like this MACHINE to land/depart on and that is why all of our areas big jet flights work out of Grand Rapids International.. I was therefore thinking our President would fly in in Marine One instead of Air Force One but,, guess what - THEY DID IT!! WOW was it beautiful and amazing!!  I have also been knocking on doors and chatting with a lot of our areas elderly about our country and current issues.. They gave me a message to pass on to the President, which I do during this video..  If you have no interest in hearing their idea's/input, just turn off the sound and enjoy the Wings of Liberty in lift off!! 

Puc

• Like 2

Technically Air Force One is any Air Force aircraft that the president is on board. There is no aircraft that has the specific name of Air Force 1 When the president gets onto the helicopter on the front lawn it is a Marine Aircraft so it carries the designation Marine One. If he were on a Navy or Army aircraft it would be Navy One or Army One. This way air traffic control knows that this flight has the president on board and has top priority over almost anything else in the air. If the President were to go for a ride in an Air Force owned little 2 place Trainer Cessna, It would carry the designation of Air Force One for as long as the president was on board.

The Plane that we normally consider as Air Force One that the president normally uses is one of two Boeing 747s. The plane that took off from Muskegon airport was not a 747. They may have used a smaller aircraft to better handle the smaller airport. Although the presidential 747 can take off and land at much smaller airports than a stock 747, its size and weight can also damage the runways of a smaller airport.

• Thanks 2

I did an air show there back in the 80's with my C-141b. It aint no small jet for sure. We landed there in Muskegon and were one of the first as we were large. Then some smaller jets and my assistant crew chief and I helped tow and park a bunch of aircraft A-10 OV-10 and I think a C-130 showed up. Lots of civilian aircraft that were neat too. I think it was 86. WE hung out a bunch after hours at a place called Sandy's homestead inn. They actually met us at the air show the day we got there and was like our "host" for the afternoon. 2480409.jpg?v=v40

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Flyinfool said:

Technically Air Force One is any Air Force aircraft that the president is on board. There is no aircraft that has the specific name of Air Force 1 When the president gets onto the helicopter on the front lawn it is a Marine Aircraft so it carries the designation Marine One. If he were on a Navy or Army aircraft it would be Navy One or Army One. This way air traffic control knows that this flight has the president on board and has top priority over almost anything else in the air. If the President were to go for a ride in an Air Force owned little 2 place Trainer Cessna, It would carry the designation of Air Force One for as long as the president was on board.

The Plane that we normally consider as Air Force One that the president normally uses is one of two Boeing 747s. The plane that took off from Muskegon airport was not a 747. They may have used a smaller aircraft to better handle the smaller airport. Although the presidential 747 can take off and land at much smaller airports than a stock 747, its size and weight can also damage the runways of a smaller airport.

Thanks Fool!! Good info!! So,, if it wasnt a 757 or a 747,,,,, what was it?   

26 minutes ago, djh3 said:

I did an air show there back in the 80's with my C-141b. It aint no small jet for sure. We landed there in Muskegon and were one of the first as we were large. Then some smaller jets and my assistant crew chief and I helped tow and park a bunch of aircraft A-10 OV-10 and I think a C-130 showed up. Lots of civilian aircraft that were neat too. I think it was 86. WE hung out a bunch after hours at a place called Sandy's homestead inn. They actually met us at the air show the day we got there and was like our "host" for the afternoon. 2480409.jpg?v=v40

I use to attend the Air Shows in Muskegon,, they were AWESOME!! One really fun thing that my little boy and I had happen to us at one of the air shows in Muskegon was we bumped into a Chopper pilot who told us about Steel Gate. We were looking at a Cobra Gunship, he over heard me tell my son that I would LOVE to see one fly.. The Pilot told us about a practice area up by Waters Michigan where it all comes together at.. He took my address and sent me some video's (VHS) of Steel Gate.. Jay, my son, and I made several trips up there (up near the Mackinaw Bridge) to watch them do fly ins, drop bombs, shoot mini gun cannons from A-10s and lots of other cool stuff.. Got to go up in the Towers and watch them.. One time we were there the ground troops were there with tanks and stuff,, wonderful times!! This was all wayyyyyyy before 9/11 changed everything. A quick phone call and I could actually get the Militaries schedule for the area and drive up and watch them work out. Tip and I stopped up there on the bike (miles and miles of sandy two tracks and tank track areas to get to the air base) and they were sealed right off after 9/11. We returned up there last year in Trooper and they have it completely revamped and I dont believe they allow civilians in any longer. Maybe,,, not sure.. 

Anyway Deej,, that air show you speak of has some really special memories for me/us!! Do you remember the metal eating "Dinosaur" they always had at the show?? My kids loved it LOL.. Another extreme memory was the Stealth fly by!!! I could not believe how it flew sooo quietly,,, like it barely disturbed the air!! I know NOTHING about aircraft but I gotta tell ya,, that thing was crazy cool!! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cowpuc said:

Thanks Fool!! Good info!! So,, if it wasnt a 757 or a 747,,,,, what was it?   

Definitely not one of the 747's the President normally flies on, but from the shape I believe you were correct in identifying it as a 757 which is a smaller aircraft than the 747.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MonsterBiker said:

Definitely not one of the 747's the President normally flies on, but from the shape I believe you were correct in identifying it as a 757 which is a smaller aircraft than the 747.

Dont tell @Flyinfool this @MonsterBiker,,, he simply cannot live with me being correct,, especially if it has ANYTHING to do with aircraft!! You probably should delete your post before Fool sees it Monst,, last time I went in the direction you are heading I ended up with over 8 feet of WWW on my porch and that trick of Fool and his WWW even shut down airports as far away as Chicago's O'Hare International!! This is serious business with Fool,,, best think about it brother!! 

DSCN7917.JPG

Now now you old Pucster you. nowhere did I say you were wrong in your assessment of that being a 757. I was simply giving out some info on what Air Force One actually means and why they may not have used the 747 that the president normally uses.

You thought 8 feet was a lot...............

WI White Washer.gif

3 hours ago, cowpuc said:

Dont tell @Flyinfool this @MonsterBiker,,, he simply cannot live with me being correct,, especially if it has ANYTHING to do with aircraft!! You probably should delete your post before Fool sees it Monst,, last time I went in the direction you are heading I ended up with over 8 feet of WWW on my porch and that trick of Fool and his WWW even shut down airports as far away as Chicago's O'Hare International!! This is serious business with Fool,,, best think about it brother!! 

DSCN7917.JPG

I'll take my chances living down here in Florida.  The last time he got that kind of range out of his snow tosser was Christmas of '89.  I was living just outside of Milwaukee at the time, but when I drove home to Florida for Christmas the first place I hit snow was the Florida-Georgia border.

Well Puc, I think the monster thing was after the year I was up there. I think the demonstration team was the Bud Lite folks. They were pretty impressive in the airplanes they had. I have seen the Thunderbirds and Blue Angles over the years and I was impressed with those little aircraft and precision.