IGNORED

News on what's next for the site

Freebird

Just a quick thingy: I wasn't get email notifications. So I went somewhere???? and found this below, I needed to click email notification twice to get back to the emails I was getting before the changes... (not sure sure the above is Henglish?

• Followed Content
    These notifications will be sent whenever there is new activity on things you are following and have opted to receive immediate notifications for.
    • Notification List
    •  Email    That box in 2 places ***********
  • Followed Members
    These notifications will be sent whenever a member you are following makes a post.
    • Notification List
    • Email

• Only send one email notification for content I follow until I revisit the community

17 hours ago, Squidley said:

Here's a couple pics Lonna took of the houseboat.

Resized_20201013_140104.jpeg

Resized_20201013_140038.jpeg

Resized_20201013_140006.jpeg

Resized_20201015_172151.jpeg

Resized_20201015_172134.jpeg

Gotta kind of figure this out. Looks like a small lake to me.     

Water on the boat? I thought that's why there was water outside the boat,,

And if SweetNothin was there,, where is the cheesecake??

The lake is actually pretty large.  We were down at the tail end of it.  Never actually even made it to the main part.  As for water on the boat, man, you don't know how to live.  The evenings were quiet chilly.   Felt great to jump in that hot tub.  :)

As for the cheesecake, it wasn't around long enough to get a picture.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Squidley said:

Here's a couple pics Lonna took of the houseboat.

Resized_20201013_140104.jpeg

Resized_20201013_140038.jpeg

Resized_20201013_140006.jpeg

Resized_20201015_172151.jpeg

Resized_20201015_172134.jpeg

Looks to me @Freebird like you need a proper river pilot seeing as how you already run her aground. And I agree with @Marcarl in that if your already sitting on the water whats the point in putting a big tub on it. You could have put one in that big equipment shed of yours and saved a passel of money

I'm not sure what you mean.  If you click "Quote" in one of your own posts, then that is what you will get, a copy of that post.  The purpose of the quote button, same as the old site, is to quote something another member has posted.  For example, if you are reading a list of news posts and there is ONE that you wish to reply to, you hit quote and then people know which post your are replying to.  Otherwise, if you jut post at the bottom of the thread, it may be confusing as to which post your are addressing

2 minutes ago, saddlebum said:

Looks to me like you need a proper river pilot seeing as how you already run her aground. And I agree with @Marcarl in that if your already sitting on the water whats the point in putting a big tub on it. You could have put one in that big equipment shed of yours and saved a passel of money

Simple Silly, having the weight of that water 12' off the water line helps rock the passengers to sleep, also helps pitch the vessel over the waves, providing thrilling Piloting challenges and more memorable vacations stories! 

21 minutes ago, Patch said:

I think maybe I am seeing 2 windows at times? Hmm:think:  might be the meds?

There is the + button to reply to multiple quotes and then there is the word "quote" that lets you reply to just the one quote. Sorry,,, maybe it's just the English way of doing things,, had me the first time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Patch said:

A couple ???

Do we know the difference between "reacted to verses Commented on" 

At the bottom of the threads there's a window for posting, when I click it to post, it quotes my last posting. What am I doing wrong?

Oh...and I don't understand your first question at all.

3 hours ago, Patch said:

A couple ???

Do we know the difference between "reacted to verses Commented on" 

At the bottom of the threads there's a window for posting, when I click it to post, it quotes my last posting. What am I doing wrong?

Verses are something we sing or parts of poetry.

VS or vs indicates one as opposed to the other.

Stick around,,,, we'll get you edumacated here yet.

OH brothers am I pleased that hump day is nearly over!

So its like that EH, hmm: Carl picture yourself on Saint Catherine Street and Saint Denis (yaknow where Henglish meets French) while trying to make a left turn..... Now add that local accent to these 2 wee letters S T ET VIOLA MON AMIE Carl ;)

On the other hand Carl it is good to have you back trying to jab at a chin yaknow you aint goin to reach..lol