IGNORED

Bucket List part 4!! Corvette shopping at its FINEST!! WATCH!

cowpuc

1 hour ago, slowrollwv said:

Yeah Puc I was watching that also but my pick was the 69 Roadrunner conv.

ROCK N ROLL BROTHER!! I would be there only the bottom of my bucket is a 60's Vette, big block tri power.. Gotta go,, my new car might be on the block real soon!! LOT F232!!!! Check it out!! Coming  up in a couple cars!!! https://www.mecum.com/lots/DA0920-419910/1968-chevrolet-corvette-coupe/

21 minutes ago, videoarizona said:

I am 100% soooo there with ya Vaz!!! 100%!! Matter of fact,, the small town that I grew up in (Fruitport Mi) had a Hobby Cop who drove a Hemi Plymouth for his Cop Car.. Use to chase me on my minibikes with it LOL.. It was wayyyyyy cool,, he was a wacko but his car was to die for!! Also,, pumped hundreds of gallons of 260 into them when working Co-Op at Sunoco as a kid!! Then later,, my best friend went 1970 Challenger 440 6 pack when I went 1970 Mach 1.. We had a ball!! My only issue now that I am old and geezered and working on my Bucketlist is that the C2/C3 big block Vettes were my "dream car".. Aint rich like Jay Leno so I gotta pick and pick soon before bucketlisting becomes a thing of the past. Tip and I are probably going to make the Indy Mecum auction at months end in an effort to find and bring home that perfect bucketlist dream car. Move over Maggie!! You are headed to the basement for storage and The Vette is taking over!!! LOL

3 hours ago, Flyinfool said:

Better watch it, Maggi is gonna kick your butt........

Nahhh,, that little blue 1000cc putt putt of a sweetheart knows I love her.  Now this aging thing on the other hand,, it keeps trying to put a whoopin on me but I keep fighting back. Maggie is the least of my worries :)  

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, rbig1 said:

well this may be true

puc.jpg

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW!! And EXACTLY the car I am looking for too!!! Actually @rbig1,,, I do know why people will like me if I get a Vette like that!! Who could not like a 'beat up, tired ol geezer with a purdy '67, 427 big block, 4 speed, posi track rear end, roadster Vette??  Geezers and Vette's go together like Carrot Cake and Butter Pecan Ice Cream!! Apart they are just old men and old cars but together,, they are a dream come true!! 

• Haha 1

Hi Puc:

Haven't read the entire thread.

BUT whatever you do, DO NOT settle for a 'second best option' 1978 model. Friend had one, and spent most of his life savings trying to get that weird Beastie to run right.

NIGHTMARE. Never got it right.

Just in case you might think it fit...~

Hugs, WRIDR

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, WRIDR said:

Hi Puc:

Haven't read the entire thread.

BUT whatever you do, DO NOT settle for a 'second best option' 1978 model. Friend had one, and spent most of his life savings trying to get that weird Beastie to run right.

NIGHTMARE. Never got it right.

Just in case you might think it fit...~

Hugs, WRIDR

I hear ya Rider,, totally.. Matter of fact, Tip and I stopped and were gazing at a mid-70's Vette,, I was explaining to her some of the in's and out's of what happened to the era muscle cars when us gear heads got sold out by the anti HP groupies of those days.  Tip says,, so thats why we are not looking for anything newer then the '69's? To which I replied,, wellllll, not exactly,, in my case it all has more to do with Bucket Listing than anything else BUT,, what you are speaking of actually did have a HUGE effect on the whole culture which in turn could have had a major effect on what is on my bucketlist.  I think many other Bucket listing geezers like myself also get it cause those later model Vettes are dime a dozen.  Then when you start talking older models with automatics in em,,, then the "if I pay you will you take this thing off my hands" begins LOL

Sooo,, HUGE question for you and all other varmints... Anyone ever bought a car thru Mecum Auctions? I would be interested in hearing 1st hand accounts of the experience..

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/20/2020 at 7:53 PM, cowpuc said:

Geezers and Vette's go together like Carrot Cake and Butter Pecan Ice Cream!!!

Who you calling an old geezer bucko!!  Actually I wish I could squeeze my skinny a$$ in a Vette...  Been eatin' too much of that Butter Nut....  🙂  LOL

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Condor said:

What do you think Jack, think it would be easier for us GEEZERS to slip into a C2 or a C3? Either way though brother,, aint neither one of us gonna give up on the Butter Nut for no stinkin car,,, even a Bucket list Vette dont stand a chance against a Bowl Of Butter Nut!!  

Edited by cowpuc

3 hours ago, cowpuc said:

What do you think Jack, think it would be easier for us GEEZERS to slip into a C2 or a C3? Either way though brother,, aint neither one of us gonna give up on the Butter Nut for no stinkin car,,, even a Bucket list Vette dont stand a chance against a Bowl Of Butter Nut!!  

I donno Puc.  I had an '89 Firebird TPI that I could slip into, and was comfortably tight and a blast to drive..   Always wondered if one of the Vette's of that era would let me in the door... Only thing I wasn't ready to give up the 'Butter Pecan'.... Speaking of bucket lists...here's one itch I might be able to scratch...  It's coming up for auction in a couple of weeks...  :-)

https://d278yjzsv5tla9.cloudfront.net/user_images2/345402_9364607.jpg

• Like 1

Here's your excuse to come out west Scott.  Up for bid tomorrow.. Friday the 13th..  Ooooo!  This one looks an awful lot like the Vette you're eyeballing.  Maybe the same one if it didn't meet the reserve at indy..?? I don't know a lot about all the little details of the Corvette history, models, etc, but I like to go fast.... And Butter Pecan.. 🙂

https://www.mecum.com/lots/LN1120-422412/1968-chevrolet-corvette-convertible/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/10/2020 at 5:26 PM, Condor said:

I donno Puc.  I had an '89 Firebird TPI that I could slip into, and was comfortably tight and a blast to drive..   Always wondered if one of the Vette's of that era would let me in the door... Only thing I wasn't ready to give up the 'Butter Pecan'.... Speaking of bucket lists...here's one itch I might be able to scratch...  It's coming up for auction in a couple of weeks...  🙂

https://d278yjzsv5tla9.cloudfront.net/user_images2/345402_9364607.jpg

BEAUTIFUL!!!  Wanna hear something sad brother, we live in the "U" of having being within a mile or so of three lakes, sort of like living on our own fresh water peninsula.  Sadly, neither Tip or I have ever been bitten by the boating bug.. I did the ski boat thing when younger, even made my own Slalom ski, tigged up a gorgeous stainless 7 inch skag for it and everything.. Lots of fun but the boating just never "took" like bikes did. Now all we have is our little 12 foot flat bottom bass boat that we do a fair amount of fishing in. Got a 9.5 horse Evinrude for it out in the shed - aint been ran in decades cause we just use the trolling motor. I did have a Sunfish sailboat for a while that the kids and I had a blast playing with but even that turned into more of swim toy than anything. I am using a section of the mass for it as a coat hanging rod in the garage LOL,, still got the rudder and center board for it around here somewhere,, if you was closer I would give it to you just cause I love ya!! 

That is a gorgeous ship though CapN' Jack!!  You reel it in and the next time I am out there you and I could go over to the Water Recreation area over on Twin Cities/104 Road near the Nuclear Plant that Tip and I pass when we sneak in the back door across the Sierra Nevada's to visit the kids in Wilton and give er a run!!  

2 hours ago, Condor said:

Here's your excuse to come out west Scott.  Up for bid tomorrow.. Friday the 13th..  Ooooo!  This one looks an awful lot like the Vette you're eyeballing.  Maybe the same one if it didn't meet the reserve at indy..?? I don't know a lot about all the little details of the Corvette history, models, etc, but I like to go fast.... And Butter Pecan.. 🙂

https://www.mecum.com/lots/LN1120-422412/1968-chevrolet-corvette-convertible/

I know this is gonna sound picky but I still can not get my head around a Vette with an automatic. I might if I had more time so I was thinking of buy/sell BUT it being a bucket list item,, I gotta have a 4 speed.  I also have pretty much given up on Mecum too Jack. I got the low down on any "test driving" with them - that being a no no,,, it is strickly a "trust us" thing with Mecum and I just cant drop that kind of coin on something without hearing/seeing/smelling/feeling it roll.  Thanks for the heads up though @Condor, I greatly appreciate it!!