IGNORED

We’re back

Freebird

I guess I don’t read the watering hole section enough.

Imagine my surprise when I tried to run through my daily check of the First Gen Section, only to be greeted by “This Site No Longer Exists”!!!!! Within a few hours I was in a cold sweat, fortunately the boss was able to talk me off the ledge!

Glad we’re back up and running!

Thanks for all the hard work Don, you deserve better than this bunch of Lop Eared Varmints ( term used without Puc’s permission)

Pat

• Haha 2

So am I the only one that's in this solely for the money??? Kind of sounds like it... I figured it out and got a bottom line amount figured... At this time I figure @Freebird owes me exactly,,, figuring 1 month @ 1 dollar per month divided by 30 days per month = 3 cents per day times 2 days of down time = 6 cents..  That would be payable in cash only cause I dont take no stinkin Paypal even though I paid with Paypal LOL.  Pay up ya lop eared varmint!!!!!  Oppssssss,, ah ohh,, Tip is yelling at me for stirring the pot,,, says shut up Puc,,, I remember watching you sneak a cookie out of Eileens cookie jar that was well worth 2 dollars so NOW you owe Don $1.94.. Can I pay that $1.94 with Paypal next time my club dues come up brother?  

You got your scoot down yonder with you?? Hope so!! 

• Like 1

Lol.  No scoot.  Wish I did. The roads were amazing getting here.  We pulled the boat down with us though and some friends pulled my wave runners so we have a boat and the wave runners tied up to the houseboat.  Some of these curves were not especially suited to pulling a boat though.  We rented at East Port Marina near Alpine, TN and it is in the middle of nowhere.   It’s nice here but the water is low this time of the year and very muddy.  Beautiful here but will probably return to Cumberland next year.   

On 10/14/2020 at 1:37 PM, Freebird said:

There is a ton to do but it will have to wait until I get home.  I’m sitting on a houseboat at Dale Hollow lake in Tennessee.   Not great service here.  Lots of customization and a new home page on the list. 

Thanks Boss! Now forget work and relax!

(It was strange not having the forum around)

AAAHHHH, now y’all went and done it. Boss mans been puttin in some serious overtime without extra pay and while us Americans been saying thank you you had to go and poke fun at his motorcycle. You just thought the exchange rate was what cost you Canadians extra to be here. 

A lot of changes since I was last here!

Site looks a lot cleaner for sure, but before I try to comment on what I don’t see maybe I should give Don some time to get a rope around this here wild bronco called a “website”.

Appreciate what you’re doing Don to make it better👍

And yes @cowpuc this varmint has returned from the netherworld. 😁 

Have lots of stories to share about my SVTC. Have I had some problems YUP, has Yamaha stepped up for each issue... another big YUP!

10 minutes ago, ChiefGunner said:

A lot of changes since I was last here!

Site looks a lot cleaner for sure, but before I try to comment on what I don’t see maybe I should give Don some time to get a rope around this here wild bronco called a “website”.

Appreciate what you’re doing Don to make it better👍

And yes @cowpuc this varmint has returned from the netherworld. 😁 

Have lots of stories to share about my SVTC. Have I had some problems YUP, has Yamaha stepped up for each issue... another big YUP!

Heyyyyyy,, hi ya lop eared SVTC riding varmint - welcome back from the netherworld @ChiefGunner!!! How was your summer out there CTFW,, how many miles on er now?  Glad to hear you are finding what us old time Venture riders have found over and over again,, when Mom Yam makes it,, Mom Yam stands behind it 100%,,,, also nice glad to hear she has not changed in that iconic way!  An acrynom for defining "Number 1 In Honoring Warranties And Standing Behind Our Bikes" spells - Y.A.M.A.H.A.!! Cant wait to hear some of those stories!! Hope ya go endless pictures and videos cause,, even though Don is making some awesome changes around this joint, I highly suspect that the club code of "no pictures, it didnt happen" hasn't changed LOL!

2 minutes ago, cowpuc said:

Heyyyyyy,, hi ya lop eared SVTC riding varmint - welcome back from the netherworld @ChiefGunner!!! How was your summer out there CTFW,, how many miles on er now?  Glad to hear you are finding what us old time Venture riders have found over and over again,, when Mom Yam makes it,, Mom Yam stands behind it 100%,,,, also nice glad to hear she has not changed in that iconic way!  An acrynom for defining "Number 1 In Honoring Warranties And Standing Behind Our Bikes" spells - Y.A.M.A.H.A.!! Cant wait to hear some of those stories!! Hope ya go endless pictures and videos cause,, even though Don is making some awesome changes around this joint, I highly suspect that the club code of "no pictures, it didnt happen" hasn't changed LOL!

Hey there @cowpuc, yes I’ve got lots of stories, pics and videos. Speaking of videos, I just tried to start a new thread posting fall riding pics & videos but it won’t let me post the video. Not here or in the video section. I already reached out to Don about it.

The video is riding in stunning fall leaves on the Blue Ridge Parkway at the viaduct area.

Ohhh yeah,, @ChiefGunner,, spent some time chatting with another of our members who rides an SVTC,, he also lives north of me in Michigan,, @ecbaatz is his name.. I dont think Ec was a clubber here when you were around,, maybe.. Anyway,, EC and I were chatting about a low speed wobble his SVTC developed and some possible cures for it.. Of course,, at best my advice was strickly backyard stuff but I did suggest he ask around and see if any other SVTC/Eluder riders had experienced such... Ever experienced this or know of anyone having this issue? 

13 minutes ago, cowpuc said:

In answer @cowpuc to how my summer riding has been, it’s been great right up until I had the motor replaced last month. Yea, you heard right. Thank God it was done under warranty!

Been still doing some stuff to the bike.

cant post a video but I’ll try a picture.

E52140DC-60FB-4E47-8DB6-A30710BDA08D.jpeg

Just now, ChiefGunner said:

Hey there @cowpuc, yes I’ve got lots of stories, pics and videos. Speaking of videos, I just tried to start a new thread posting fall riding pics & videos but it won’t let me post the video. Not here or in the video section. I already reached out to Don about it.

The video is riding in stunning fall leaves on the Blue Ridge Parkway at the viaduct area.

That does not surprise me Chief as I know the site is strickly primitive right now,, not sure vid links will work right now,, I will try one in this post and see what happens.. I know Don is taking a much deserved break but will be continuing the upgrade to our webpage as soon as possible when he returns.. I am pretty sure pictures still work though as I see a "choose files" icon at the bottom left of this page.. Tell you what,, in this post I will include a video of how I resize my pics when posting on the site. We have always been under the 1000x750 rule for pic size and usually to large of a pic is the number 1 cause for now being able to post pics.. I will also include a pic here to see if it works.. I am sure there are others as well as myself interested in seeing your ride stories!! Puc 

mop5.JPG

7 minutes ago, ChiefGunner said:

In answer @cowpuc to how my summer riding has been, it’s been great right up until I had the motor replaced last month. Yea, you heard right. Thank God it was done under warranty!

Been still doing some stuff to the bike.

cant post a video but I’ll try a picture.

E52140DC-60FB-4E47-8DB6-A30710BDA08D.jpeg

That worked awesome!! Are your video's on youtube?? If so, if you go to the video on youtube you want to post up,, scroll down and look under the video,, near the "like or not like" icons.. You see the "share" icon? Click on that.. Now copy/paste that URL into your post here.. Make sense?

16 minutes ago, ChiefGunner said:

I know Eric well, and am familiar with his issue. I did experience it, but found out my steering head nut was loose. That was long ago and hasn’t happened since I tightened it.

OUTSTANDING!!! Glad to hear someone who knows what they are doing is working with EC on it!! LOL

55 minutes ago, cowpuc said:

That does not surprise me Chief as I know the site is strickly primitive right now,, not sure vid links will work right now,, I will try one in this post and see what happens.. I know Don is taking a much deserved break but will be continuing the upgrade to our webpage as soon as possible when he returns.. I am pretty sure pictures still work though as I see a "choose files" icon at the bottom left of this page.. Tell you what,, in this post I will include a video of how I resize my pics when posting on the site. We have always been under the 1000x750 rule for pic size and usually to large of a pic is the number 1 cause for now being able to post pics.. I will also include a pic here to see if it works.. I am sure there are others as well as myself interested in seeing your ride stories!! Puc 

mop5.JPG

Thanks @cowpuc, I tried that and it doesn’t want to accept it. I have a YouTube channel with videos I’ve shared often, but for some reason it doesn’t like it. 🤔