IGNORED

Older carbs in a newer bike

Alright everybody I am rebuilding a 2000 royalstar Boulevard and I'm redoing the carburetors. The carburetor float Bowl gaskets for 2000 do not fit but when I pull up a 97 royalstar the float Bowl gaskets are identical does anybody know why somebody would put carburetors from older bike on a newer one? It has the electrical plug in on the front left so I'm not entirely sure what's going on here any help would be appreciated

There was a change to the Royal Star line in 1999 when they introduced the Venture. The carbs on the Venture are different than the carbs on the regular Royal Stars.

The 1996 to 2000 NON Venture Royal Stars all had 28mm carbs.

The 1999 to 2013 Ventures had 32mm carbs.

Just be sure you are looking at the correct parts fiche.

There was a change to the Royal Star line in 1999 when they introduced the Venture. The carbs on the Venture are different than the carbs on the regular Royal Stars.

The 1996 to 2000 NON Venture Royal Stars all had 28mm carbs.

The 1999 to 2013 Ventures had 32mm carbs.

Just be sure you are looking at the correct parts fiche.

These are 28mm carbs. What i am wondering is why someone would use 28s off of a 97 on a 2000 they have different float bowl gaskets and im not sure what else is different between the two

These are 28mm carbs. What i am wondering is why someone would use 28s off of a 97 on a 2000 they have different float bowl gaskets and im not sure what else is different between the two

If the carbs bolt up to the motor, maybe they bought and older set of carbs rather than rebuild the ones on the bike.

Mike Eycamp may know he is heavy into carb rebuilding and swapping.