IGNORED

Funny who you meet. Small world

ragtop69gs

We left the house this morning to go for a ride, we stopped a the diner at the 4 way stop in Pumpkintown, SC. for some breakfast. While at the table a gentleman walks up asking who owned the Venture parked out front, I fessed up to owning it. He says "I used to own one, it was the most comfortable bike I ever owned. He then to my surprise asks who did your diamond cut fins, Mike? Yes I said, he then asks about Skid, I looked at him and asked how he knew all these names to which he replied I used to belong to a group called VentureRider! I said I still am.

So he says hello from Blue Mountain Jim, to all . Eh!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

We left the house this morning to go for a ride, we stopped a the diner at the 4 way stop in Pumpkintown, SC. for some breakfast. While at the table a gentleman walks up asking who owned the Venture parked out front, I fessed up to owning it. He says "I used to own one, it was the most comfortable bike I ever owned. He then to my surprise asks who did your diamond cut fins, Mike? Yes I said, he then asks about Skid, I looked at him and asked how he knew all these names to which he replied I used to belong to a group called VentureRider! I said I still am.

That is cool, does that mean I have to start behaving when I'm out of town too.

When I worked at the DCCook Nuclear Power Plant in MI on a temporary contract job, I stayed in South Bend, IN. I heard on the radio that my next door neighbor in Wilmington NC who is a standup comedian (Basile)was performing at the comedy club there. So, I went to the performance. He later told me that not only was I there, his next door neighbor, but that the guy who lived on the other side of his home was also in town on business and was at the performance. Strange coincidences happen sometimes. I guess no matter where you are there may be someone there witnessing what you do and can rat on you! Ha!

I tried to call him a while back and his number was disconnected glad to hear he is doing well. I think Asheville 16 was the last time I saw him.

Blue Mtn Jom.jpg

A very strange coincidence happened to me one time. It was 1996, one week before I started my first temporary contract engineering job in Nebraska. I liked driving 1 1/2 hours to Myrtle beach on the weekends to a favorite dance club. I had been divorced for 9 years. I met a lovely lady from Kentucky who was at Myrtle Beach for a week. We had a great time together. The next week she called me trying to get me to come back to see her but I was so busy getting ready for the trip to my job in Auburn, NE that I didn't have time to go. Friday, I had everything done with my car packed so I left late afternoon. It was about 2:00 AM when I stopped for gas in Tennesee. I was pumping gas when I heard someone call my name. It was her, the lady I met the previous weekend in MB. She with her other 3 friends were on their way back to Kentucky. I thought about that a lot. Was a higher power trying to tell me something? I talked to her on the phone a few times but the distance between us kept us from making the effort to visit. Oh well...........