IGNORED

I can't be trusted with tools

uncledj

Been re-siding the garage and replacing the small porch that gets my brother up to his apartment.....

Went to move the ladder and forgot the hammer on top. Frickin' claw end hit me right on top of the melon....

Rubbed my head, and came back with a bloody hand....then it started dripping down my face and got in my eye....lol....I'm not happy, but at this point I'm trying not to laugh at myself....It was raining a bit so I had to throw the tools in the garage,,,drove the van back up to the house and kept the bad side away from the wife and told her I'm ok.....don't freak....and she pretty much didn't.....Washed my hair....combed it away from the two gashes where the claw hit...put a washcloth on it with my wifes stretchy headband to keep pressure...now just gotta sit here and make sure I didn't crack my skull....If I don't start seeing spots or getting nauseated, I think I'll be ok....I have a really hard head....

I'm done working for today...lol.....:starz:

Be careful what you say if you do to the doc. I have a 5ft spring steel pry bar I was using overhead when it slipped and popped my melon bad enough to stitch. When I told them it was a pry bar it was an automatic assumption somebody assaulted me. I finally talked them out of calling the police but it wasn’t easy. I did admit there are probably people out there who’d love to crack my head but I did that one myself.

Second warning: if they want to put staples in your head make sure the nurse doing it is strong enough to squeeze the stapler without using your skull for leverage. She hurt me worse than the pry bar.

Good luck with the headache.

Been re-siding the garage and replacing the small porch that gets my brother up to his apartment.....

Went to move the ladder and forgot the hammer on top. Frickin' claw end hit me right on top of the melon....

Rubbed my head, and came back with a bloody hand....then it started dripping down my face and got in my eye....lol....I'm not happy, but at this point I'm trying not to laugh at myself....It was raining a bit so I had to throw the tools in the garage,,,drove the van back up to the house and kept the bad side away from the wife and told her I'm ok.....don't freak....and she pretty much didn't.....Washed my hair....combed it away from the two gashes where the claw hit...put a washcloth on it with my wifes stretchy headband to keep pressure...now just gotta sit here and make sure I didn't crack my skull....If I don't start seeing spots or getting nauseated, I think I'll be ok....I have a really hard head....

Sorry to hear this @ucledj;. Hope your OK. But I think that stretchy thing . . . Well . . . um . . . them there are her panty hose:doh::crackup:

John:

That is a very painful way to get out of working the rest of the day! I think if you had had a beer first and then sat down in a comfortable chair and contemplated all the work ahead of you, you would have decided to wait until the next day to start the project and then it might have turned out differently. Ah, 2020 hindsight is great!!

Jim

Wife says it scabbed over nicely...(gotta trust her as I can't see it)....Gonna go back at it today. Took the week off to get this done and the weeks comin' to an end quickly.....Seems like I used to get this stuff done faster when I was a young fella.

:backinmyday:

OUCH!!! :255::happy-emoticon::Avatars_Gee_George::starz:

Well when you start back in make sure the heads of all your hammers are wrapped in a thick layer of foam rubber, for safety of course.

You do know the rules, we NEED pics of you all bandaged up like that.......

Don't make us sick the :photographing: :cop: on you.

OUCH!!! :255::happy-emoticon::Avatars_Gee_George::starz:

Well when you start back in make sure the heads of all your hammers are wrapped in a thick layer of foam rubber, for safety of course.

You do know the rules, we NEED pics of you all bandaged up like that.......

Don't make us sick the :photographing: :cop: on you.

Not my best pic, but here it is. I jumped in the shower to wash all the blood out of my hair, then had Lisa comb it away from the cuts and put a washcloth on it, and the stretchy headband thing to hold it in place.

Kept it there there until I went to bed.

20200930_174732_resized.jpg

Not my best pic, but here it is. I jumped in the shower to wash all the blood out of my hair, then had Lisa comb it away from the cuts and put a washcloth on it, and the stretchy headband thing to hold it in place.

DANG!! that looks just like I remember Yah.

:rotf: Man that is a MEME in waiting if I ever saw one. Still glad your OK. Being bald I can't hide anything - not even the scratches from crawling around in the attic. Darn roofing nails.

Freebird Don this should be a contest or something. I'll throw a 10 spot into a kitty for the prize.

BTW reminds me of 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan

Edited by bpate4home

:rotf: Man that is a MEME in waiting if I ever saw one. Still glad your OK. Being bald I can't hide anything - not even the scratches from crawling around in the attic. Darn roofing nails.

Freebird Don this should be a contest or something. I'll throw a 10 spot into a kitty for the prize.

BTW reminds me of 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan

Damn yes he does look like a young hacksaw.

Damn yes he does look like a young hacksaw.

Oh Please.....I had to Google that guy to see who he was and what he looked like.

I've been told David Coverdale, Mark Singer, Sammy Hagar, and my favorite was Dirk Bentley.....Lisa and I were at a Bob Evans enjoying breakfast and the waiter came over and said "Those people over there said you're Dirk Bentley....are you him????......I said no...and at the time didn't even know who he was....a few minutes later he came back and said "They're sure you ARE him.....ARE you him?????"....I laughed and said no...I'm not whoever Dirk Bentley is...

Went home and Googled him as well...

It's just the hair. People see it and associate me with whomever else they've seen with a similar style.:cool18:

Now thats using your noggin Unc!! We gear heads can be amazingly protective of our tools cant we?? Although protecting your claw hammer from the risk of tweakin a claw by letting it bounce off the ground instead of catching it like you did may seem like an overkill to some,, I commend you for it brother!! :big-grin-emoticon::thumbsup:

Glad you are ok my friend and you and your hammer are back at it making things right in the world!!

Godspeed!

Puc

Lucky it it didn't hit any important parts !

I did this one Labor day evening, 9 stitches and good to go.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201003/1a62f337a9a90a0dce1c9f9e9004ddbb.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201003/300f47df62e59ec3a465a334651b9505.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Jeanie looks like she is gonna barf :hihi:,, I have seen that look on Tippies face numerous times Jeanie = dont feel bad... Aren't you glad you got a Raggy to keep life adventurous young lady?? We sure are!! :guitarist 2:

Hey J,,, is it true that wounds heal faster in the north because of less humidity?:detective: You definitely should know the answer to that one by now:fishin:

Jeanie looks like she is gonna barf :hihi:,, I have seen that look on Tippies face numerous times Jeanie = dont feel bad... Aren't you glad you got a Raggy to keep life adventurous young lady?? We sure are!! :guitarist 2:

Hey J,,, is it true that wounds heal faster in the north because of less humidity?:detective: You definitely should know the answer to that one by now:fishin:

Lol, Jeannie reacted as if I cut my arm off with a chainsaw! She was able to drive me to the ER after calling the neighbor to find out where it is . I think age is the limiting factor, not humididity :thumbsup2:

Almost 1 month since I tried to cut it off... stitches out 2 weeks ago, the scab is starting to lift a bit. Still some numb spots and others that are sensitive, The cut is healing good,it's gonna be a while before it feels like it used to.