IGNORED

ZAGGER is no longer with us

eagleeye

I've been thinking of how to say this, and there is no easy way:

Dale committed suicide

His wife called to tell me and asked me to tell you all.

A number of years ago he came down with autoimmune Encephalitis and was lucky to live through that but it took a major part of his brain.

He mostly could remember things through pictures, but mostly he kept that to himself and if you didn't know, you'd never guess.

He was never the same after. Loosing his memory of life in general played a major part in this.

I was looking forward to seeing him at he crud run next week.

Can't believe I won't see him again.

What can one say.....My deepest sympathy goes out to the family.....I've personally experienced such a death by someone close to me and know the pain that it causes to loved ones.

No one knows what goes on in someones mind that would cause them to take such drastic action, but it's also true that no one knows what happens between a person and God either.

It may be small comfort, but Gods will be done.

Rest in peace Dale....see ya on the other side.:2133:

So sorry to hear about this. I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person but really enjoyed his posts and the pictures of his bike. What a very creative man. My prayers go out to his wife and family. I just don't have the words to express. I hurt just thinking about the despair that a person must be in to do such a thing. Truly sorry.

I have often joked with my wife saying, "If I would have known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself"! Dale was one of the kindest, smartest people I have ever met. His creative ability was unmatched. In his mind, he could see things three dimensionally. To some degree, I also enjoy this gift, but nowhere near the level this man could. I personally have been dealing with some physical limitations as I have gotten older, but I don't know if I could handle loosing my ability to think and remember. why is it that the kindest, most gentile, and intelligent people on this planet are usually the ones that are taken from us before their time. Dale was one of these people. Both Jean and I express our deepest symphony to Dale's wife and family. I have come to realize that I will never fully understand why complicated, intelligent men like Dale choose to do what they do, but I take solace in the face that they are finally at peace and whatever was hounding his every minute of his life here on earth is no longer an issue. This is a sad day, and this was very sad news indeed.Rest in Peace Dale, You will be missed.Earl and Jean.

Would like to express sincere condolences to his wife and family, I never met Dale and after reading his obituary it was certainly my loss. Seems like the kind of guy I would have hit it off with. I understand his decision to end his time on this earth on his own terms. I only hope the family can understand and find peace as well. RIP Dale sounds like you lived a wonderful life.

Craig

Having just gone thru this yes it is difficult for those left behind.

Given the reasons why tho I only see the courage he brought forth to relive not just himself but those he loved.

For some this act is difficult to accept but accepting is what I believe is, what Zag faced in making his decision.

Our Brother May You Rest In Peace

I've been thinking of how to say this, and there is no easy way:

Dale committed suicide

His wife called to tell me and asked me to tell you all.

A number of years ago he came down with autoimmune Encephalitis and was lucky to live through that but it took a major part of his brain.

He mostly could remember things through pictures, but mostly he kept that to himself and if you didn't know, you'd never guess.

He was never the same after. Loosing his memory of life in general played a major part in this.

I was looking forward to seeing him at he crud run next week.

Can't believe I won't see him again.

Steve,, my heart sank when I read this!! I know it was extremely difficult to do but I thank you for sharing this on behalf of Zags family my brother..

To Dales family, THANK YOU for sharing him with us all these years.. He will never be forgotten.

Zag,, I am truly sorry for the years you suffered with the after effects of AE. Thank you for fighting so hard like you did and for remaining a vital part of our family here in the club right to the end. Your input on the bikes and love for your fellow man has been and always will be greatly appreciated and missed by your family here!

Rest in peace my brother!!

Puc