IGNORED

Site Update coming soon

Freebird

Folks, I hate to do it but I am going to have to update our site software soon. I've been putting it off for several reasons but the fact is, out server software is now obsolete and to update it, I'm going to have to update the VBulletin software.

This will be a major update and to be honest, I don't really like it at this time because we will lose a lot of custom features that I have added over the years. Hopefully I will eventually be able to add most of them back but in the meantime, there will be some things missing.

The fact is though, it has to be done. We are running a pretty old version of PHP, like 5. something and they are now up to PHP 7.6 or so. This software will not run on the newer server software.

I wil give you all a heads up before I do it but expect it soon. I expect a couple hours of downtime when it happens.

Folks, I hate to do it but I am going to have to update our site software soon. I've been putting it off for several reasons but the fact is, out server software is now obsolete and to update it, I'm going to have to update the VBulletin software.

This will be a major update and to be honest, I don't really like it at this time because we will lose a lot of custom features that I have added over the years. Hopefully I will eventually be able to add most of them back but in the meantime, there will be some things missing.

The fact is though, it has to be done. We are running a pretty old version of PHP, like 5. something and they are now up to PHP 7.6 or so. This software will not run on the newer server software.

I wil give you all a heads up before I do it but expect it soon. I expect a couple hours of downtime when it happens.

Wish I could update.... :backinmyday::backinmyday:

"

LOL -- Hey wait a minute there, I'm one of those Tech guys --- LMAO

Some IT personnel are tech guys......the ones responsible for the forum massacres I have been through were definitely tech weanies. :rotf:

The president of a company that I used to work for would refer to the IT department as "Larry, Moe and Curly" :stickpoke:

Thank you very much Don, for ALL of your hard work to keep this forum functional! You sure do go to a lot of trouble just so a bunch of "Old Guys" (and Gals) can complain about their motorcycles!

I still don't fully understand what you get out of all of this trouble you go to, (other than a headache!) but I for one am very grateful that you do what you do!

You Sir, are MY hero!!

Thanks again,

Earl