IGNORED

So California just outlawed gasoline powerd cars.......

Flyinfool

We are being pushed in this direction by the manufacturers too, maybe because of increasingly tighter cafe standards. Ford seems to be putting smaller and smaller engines in their vehicles. Chrysler is adding etorque to many of their vehicles. You see many more hybrids and electric vehicles every day. If you want a car with a big powerful V8 to carry you the next couple of decades, you better buy it soon and hang on to it. If I wanted to waste the money, I'd buy a new 485hp Dodge Charger to replace my 352hp Dodge Magnum before they disappear.

And that again expands the conversation, if we build smaller displacement as measured by induction volumes are we lessening the amount of air we pollute? Yes the emission test may show well but its still not breathable. At first glance this might sound nuts but forced induction packs more air into that displacement.

And that again expands the conversation, if we build smaller displacement as measured by induction volumes are we lessening the amount of air we pollute? Yes the emission test may show well but its still not breathable. At first glance this might sound nuts but forced induction packs more air into that displacement.

Yes, of course the smaller engines are for the emissions tests for the cafe results. They add the turbo because no one would buy an underpowered vehicle and the turbo makes it burn just as much fuel as the larger engine if you want the power and we usually do. doesn't do that much the same as electric cars charged with electricity from fossil fueled power plants. Except that we are paying much more money for these new wet dreams.

Yes, of course the smaller engines are for the emissions tests for the cafe results. They add the turbo because no one would buy an underpowered vehicle and the turbo makes it burn just as much fuel as the larger engine if you want the power and we usually do. doesn't do that much the same as electric cars charged with electricity from fossil fueled power plants. Except that we are paying much more money for these new wet dreams.

Agreed but, what we can do and do do is change the metrics. So, we end up with higher efficiencies that is a good thing. However we do run hotter as a result and, that effects duty cycles which in turn and directly impacts maintenance and operating costs ;)

In Que. electric cars and the desire for more affordable units is easy to understand from discussing or say on an argument for or against electric powered everything: they have James Bay Hydro. Ontario has Nuclear tho I believe quite dated now? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Bay_Project

Getting back to the original posting tho I do believe it to be a politically based standalone statement find it hard to believe it will bare much fruit outside of stock prices; it on its own unveils no plan to achieve such a goal. (I wouldn't be surprised to hear that a plan is coming in 2 weeks tho ;)"

regarding that really great video you posted I have a follow-up : Hockey Stick Mann lost and there's more....

I urge anyone looking for a fresher look at Global Warming to take 20 minutes and look up on UTube IPCC Pressure Tactics Exposed

(fallow the green missing, partially missing and then when added in graph)

In Que. electric cars and the desire for more affordable units is easy to understand from discussing or say on an argument for or against electric powered everything: they have James Bay Hydro. Ontario has Nuclear tho I believe quite dated now? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Bay_Project

)

I spent my career working on nuclear power plants and yes Canada has nukes, Candu designs that can be refueled on line. But, nukes are in decline due to costs. It's cheaper to build natural gas fired plants and as long as we allow fracking, gas will be cheap. Many of the nukes in the USA have been shut down because of the need for expensive repairs as they age and they can't compete with the natural gas plants. If we really are concerned with carbon dioxide causing global warming, we should be building nuclear power plants as fast as we can. I think the democrats added the building of nukes to their platform this year!?