7 pin headset to 5 pin

Hey guys, hope someone can help me with this. I just put new 5 pin plugs on a set of 7 pin headsets, and it all works except intercom. when i turn up the i/c i can hear a kind of static but no mic action. when i turn on the cb i can hear a faint pop when i push the ptt. nothing from the mic though.i have tried reversing the positive and negative mic wires, nothing. can't find a good diagram on the intercom. have a good diagram for the headset.

Hey guys, hope someone can help me with this. I just put new 5 pin plugs on a set of 7 pin headsets, and it all works except intercom. when i turn up the i/c i can hear a kind of static but no mic action. when i turn on the cb i can hear a faint pop when i push the ptt. nothing from the mic though.i have tried reversing the positive and negative mic wires, nothing. can't find a good diagram on the intercom. have a good diagram for the headset.

I don't think it will work because you have no preamp voltage for the 7 pin mic form a 5 pin setup.

Thank you! is there a way i can install an amplifier? I did check voltage to the mike and thought it was too low, but I wasn't sure how much i was looking for. I think it was in milivolts.

Thank you! is there a way i can install an amplifier? I did check voltage to the mike and thought it was too low, but I wasn't sure how much i was looking for. I think it was in milivolts.

I tried it but could not get the right combination, however I did not spend that much time on it.

Stephen, hope have been able to find a solution. Can you just switch out the boom or the mic element?

I did notice your location and although it is a year off I thought I would let you know we have a ride every other year at Vogel State Park just north of you every other year and the next one will be 11-15 August 2021 if you might be interested. Here is the link to the current discussion about it https://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?146872-Vogel-2021