IGNORED

2009 venture possible electric issue?

while riding in the mountains of NC the past 2 days my venture started sputtering and shut off. Had to jump battery to get started. After this happened numerous time I called AAA and had trike towed back to Maggie Valley.

Once back, put battery on charger for over 4 hours and nothing.

Replaced battery this morning. Tried starting the trike and the headlight came on as did the speedometer. I could not hear the fuel pump engaging or anything else. The red ldiot light on the right side, lower right...i believe its the coolant temp light indicating bike is overheating. How could that be if bike has been off for almost 20 hours?

Any idea what the issue maybe?

Major senior moment on my part. After sitting here trying to figure out the problem I thought did the kill switch get turned while pushing the trike or taking cover on it off?

Go outside and uncovered the trike...YUP it was the switch. Trike cranked right up with the new battery...DUH

I still think something is drawing down the power and need to have the stator and regulator checked.

I never use the kill switch so it never occurred to me initially.....

Major senior moment on my part. After sitting here trying to figure out the problem I thought did the kill switch get turned while pushing the trike or taking cover on it off?

Go outside and uncovered the trike...YUP it was the switch. Trike cranked right up with the new battery...DUH

I still think something is drawing down the power and need to have the stator and regulator checked.

I never use the kill switch so it never occurred to me initially.....

You’re not the first, wish I could say it never got me.

How many of us want to admit to thumbing off the kill switch while going for the cruise control Resume rocker? If you haven't tried that yet, you owe it to your pacemaker to give it a shot. Your results may vary, and this offer may expire at any time, but the results can be quite spectacular, especially if you wait til you're beside another rider.

Just sayin'...

How many of us want to admit to thumbing off the kill switch while going for the cruise control Resume rocker? If you haven't tried that yet, you owe it to your pacemaker to give it a shot. Your results may vary, and this offer may expire at any time, but the results can be quite spectacular, especially if you wait til you're beside another rider.

Just sayin'...

I had one Venture that if you did that you could scare the crap out of someone next to you, worked well with people texting.

We were talking at Asheville how many times each of us have had run ins with the kill switch.